New to RC stuck on build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fogo2710

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys I’m new to RC and stuck on what parts I need for my Crawler (hobao DC1)
I’m looking to get a brushless kit but I’m not sure what servos I need to run it
The motor comes with a small one for the gears but I’m clueless on the steering

DDDD08B4-A37F-42EB-B2A9-8E4EB1F73633.png
0B47828C-290F-480B-AD71-4EACD3C6CD22.png

I would go with a Hobbywing Axe system instead of that one. Do you have a set of calipers? If so, measure your servos. Then you can shop for ones to fit. For the shift servo (probably a mini servo), you dont need anything with really crazy torque. But on the steering side (probably a standard sized servo), I'd go with a servo with at least 250 oz-in torque. The more the better.

I would go with a Hobbywing Axe system instead of that one. Do you have a set of calipers? If so, measure your servos. Then you can shop for ones to fit. For the shift servo (probably a mini servo), you dont need anything with really crazy torque. But on the steering side (probably a standard sized servo), I'd go with a servo with at least 250 oz-in torque. The more the better.
Thanks a mill lad I’ve ordered a set and when they arrived were too small
Trying to get it bang on now before I order again don’t fancy getting stung twice 😂

how is a mini servo gonna work. i looked it says 1/10 scale. and 252 oz torque, id get something 300+ oz torque in 1/10.metel gear.

how is a mini servo gonna work. i looked it says 1/10 scale. and 252 oz torque, id get something 300+ oz torque in 1/10.metel gear.
I said the shift servo is likely a mini sized servo. But thanks for making me type it again. My fingers need the exercise.

9kg-cm torque converts to roughly 125 oz-in torque, so that would be a pretty weak servo. You can get 35kg servos on Amazon that aren't bad.

Last edited:
Back