new to monster gt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmswimfan21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
just looking to get a monster gt found one pretty cheap and just wondering how good they are. i have a revo and driven a couple tmaxxs and jatos and a slash kinda like traxxas if you can't tell. just wont some opions from some one that has a mgt thanks.

I've got a 4.6 and it is by far my most used...sorry ABUSED MT I have!!! I've got a tmaxx and had a couple other brands thru the years but this rig by far is the 1 I've been happiest with. Remember 2 things first:

1) You had stated "pretty cheap". Is it used? More times than not you may be investing into someone elses headaches. Be careful if its used.

2) I will say when I first got mine (New) I thought I had bought the biggest piece of crap ever built. After a few upgrades I had a rig that could take a great bashing and come back for more the next day. If new just expect a few tweaks having to be done. They are not perfect out of the box but excellent once tweaked just right. Good Luck!!!

yes its used. and it has good pinch and runs great. the guy modded the crap out of it. duel fuel tanks and 4 wheel steer the truck is sweet and came with enough parts to build a whole other truck.minus engine. he brought it out coverd in dust and we put the ingniter on it primed it and it fired right up.

The dual tank is a neat setup but you may chase the hell out of airleaks with it to keep a good tune going. When/if you buy post some pics! Love seeing others toys!!!

oh i bought it the other day ill snap some pics. had it for two days and havent had a chance to run it.

Where are you located? Be careful with your nitro during te winter. They typically have to be run very rich to get anything decent out for power

i live in iowa and its not my frist nitro i have a revo as well. i just have never personaly seen a mgt but the thing is awesome but today i have to go tighten all the srews and fix the frount drive shaft before i can take her back out so ill snap some pics then. the 4 wheel steer is amazing i thing my father in law wants me to do it to his tmaxx.

Never installed it. Always thought it would turn too quickly and cause alot of flips. I really dont need help flipping it over!! Got that move down pretty good!!:)

my good friend has 8.0 and they are a beast i have a t maxx and tell you the truth i would rather have the 8.0 they are built better i would say. but i love my t maxx also lol

ok i know i said id put up pics and still havent done it (can't figure out how) but i need some pics of the rear end. need to figure out how to get ride of the rear steer. thanks

Back