New to forum with a thirsty GS Storm !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadVac

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everybody, last night, my friend (that run mp7.5 with an RB WS7) and me (GS Storm with Stock B01) we were tuning ours buggy's for the season. We filled up ours tanks (125 ml. each.) but I (GS Storm) emptyed mine in record time vs the RB (let say 2/3 time faster) running fresh trinity 20%

Is it possible that my B01 just a bit more hard on fuel consumption then a RB WS7 ! I was making high end passes on a 400' stretch non-stop.

I was running about 230 Deg. good top end.(can not lean anymore)
Do you think it's normal or I should lean more my low end and try to find a lower leaner idle to save fuel ?

Dont get me wrong, it's not about $$$, it's more about proper tuning !

I'm new to Nitro RC (used to have electric, RC-10)

Thank's
Frank

It sounds to me if your dong 400 ft passes at wot and you are only temping 230 you are prob a tad rich. Do you plan on racing/running on a track? It would be easier to tune for the spot your going to run at. 400ft is a long way for these little engines to be all wound up. With my buggy I have a 145ft straight and at 100 ft I'm pretty much at top rpm.

If your just out bashing and you feel its running fine, leave it where it is.
400 feet at WOT isnt good for your engine and running it rich is a good idea. Its better to use more fuel then it is to trash out your engine. 230 IMO is a bit cool. You can run it up to 250-260 WOT and be fine if you want to save fuel and get more power.

who cares bout runtime if ur engine runs right (even a lil safe), lasts a while, makes good power and u beat ur buddy and his $$$$ mobile in the 5min qualifier

-Ult

The WS7 has more than enough power to break traction on most buggies. It also has the option to fit narrower carb sleeves. A narrower sleeve will reduce top end power but will improve low and mid range torque and reduce fuel consumption. A lot of racers fit the narrower carb sleeves because:

a) They can't fully utlilise all the power available with the larger sleeves
b) The improved low and mid range response keeps lap times down due to better acceleration out of corners
c) They don't need to refuel as often during long mains

Could it be that your buddy is running a narrower carb opening than you and maybe running slightly leaner and hotter than you?

Back