New to fast electrics, selecting a motor/drive/battery?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is this looks like a sweet build. Did you make the chassis? Can't wait to see that Lotus body completed.

Thanks @WickedFog i was going to do a build a car from scratch but I was persuaded to make use of the marauder parts, the base needed to be upgraded so I used a fairly thick plate of aluminium (I am assured that weight isn’t critical For tethered cars!) I have already been told off by my fellow club members for not completing the body yet, tbh I think it will need to be a bit ‘lardier‘ (fatter) than the original car to fit around the RC pod and tank.

like your signature I am now chasing the next car design, that one will be a custom design I anticipate lots of milling of Ali required, I can’t wait to get the metal on order. I will build the lotus body over winter honest!

Thanks @WickedFog i was going to do a build a car from scratch but I was persuaded to make use of the marauder parts, the base needed to be upgraded so I used a fairly thick plate of aluminium (I am assured that weight isn’t critical For tethered cars!) I have already been told off by my fellow club members for not completing the body yet, tbh I think it will need to be a bit ‘lardier‘ (fatter) than the original car to fit around the RC pod and tank.

like your signature I am now chasing the next car design, that one will be a custom design I anticipate lots of milling of Ali required, I can’t wait to get the metal on order. I will build the lotus body over winter honest!
That sounds like a fun winter project. I have seen these insanely fast tethered car run videos before, but this is the first time following somebody building one. Even at 100mph, it's still going to be impressive as hell to see. I hope you'll be putting up a video, and loads more pics.

hoping for better weather for next run of my IC car, and will try to video it . I’d like to see it run at 40 to50 mph, the RC car gearing is likely to be a significant factor in top speed

Back