New tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm watching speed channel, and have this idea to mount F-1 tires on my savage x (low slung project)

You know how the back are really wide, and the fronts are narrow, can anyone show me where I can start looking for tires.

I heard they are a huge gimmick.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Um, how are they a gimmick, what have you heard if you don't mind me asking

The second you hit the tiniest bit of sand or gravel you are going to lose traction. Just saying. You could just run the tires you have now til they're bald. But hey it would be kinda cool to see! :)

Last edited:
My X0-1 wheels are straight up drag slicks and when I hit gravel I spin out. But when they hook on man they hook

Ok this is what I'm thinking of going with:

IMEX ROAD DAWG T/MAXX MED/SOFT
Size: 5.5"OD X 3.2"W X 2.8"ID

I like that alot of the imex tires are rubber!

I was also thinking about some 1/8 scale rally tire by imex, not sure about those yet.

Freakin dreammachines....now I want an X0-1, are the tires from the x0-1 a direct bolt on, where can I buy a set.

The xo-1 have 17mm hubs, kinda expensive though. You should be to run them but they might have different hub lengths.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

---------- Post added at 7:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:49 PM ----------

Ok this is what I'm thinking of going with:

IMEX ROAD DAWG T/MAXX MED/SOFT
Size: 5.5"OD X 3.2"W X 2.8"ID

I like that alot of the imex tires are rubber!

I was also thinking about some 1/8 scale rally tire by imex, not sure about those yet.

http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDeta..._a_7cTRA6477&gclid=CMfeoLTVxrcCFWcV7Aod0nEAMg

http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Tires_Wheels_Assembled_Black_Chrome_Front_p/tra6479.htm

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Traxxas uses a splined hex, hpi does not. I am also not using splined hexs with these wheels.

The X01s are awesome. Best tires i found for the Jato and I tried them all. Its pretty easy to make them fit the savage .

Ya those X0-1 tires look pretty good on that jato, I remember having a jato.....I regret getting rid of it

The X01s are awesome. Best tires i found for the Jato and I tried them all. Its pretty easy to make them fit the savage .

Haha yes it is but one slip and that hex isnt going to look pretty. Plus at over $80 a set you would have to be nuts to take a dremel to them... hehe ;)

How much modding to mount X0-1 tire on my savage?

Either dremel the bumps pff the inside of the wheel hexs or het a set of traxxas hubs and drill the center hole out a tad bit. Savage axles are thicker.

Has anyone heard any good things about the imex tire line up.......one of the guys from SPI called me about an order I placed and we got to talking, he thinks that imex tires are top four out of the ones he's used so far.....I'm looking for a good on road tire that I can use with my new rims.......any good ideas?.....guys?...hello!....man it's quiet in here.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Ok another question, if SPI makes custom rims......can I get custom rubber to mount on them?

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

If I get another jato....can they have a big block mounted to them....are there any benefits?

I remember my jato having a short wheel base, can they be extended?

Ok I was just out bashing at dusk......wreaked 2 rims when I hit some pet rocks (low maintenance)...anyway how do I un glue my tires....I'm trying to save my imex red rock krawlers

That was fast. Bake them off. But beware, it's smelly :) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=027Rmd9wde0"]ProLineRacing.com- Remove Tires- Baking - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

Can someone help me with these Q:

Has anyone heard any good things about the imex tire line up.......one of the guys from SPI called me about an order I placed and we got to talking, he thinks that imex tires are top four out of the ones he's used so far.....I'm looking for a good on road tire that I can use with my new rims.......any good ideas?.....guys?...hello!....man it's quiet in here.

Ok another question, if SPI makes custom rims......can I get custom rubber to mount on them?

If I get another jato....can they have a big block mounted to them....are there any benefits?

I remember my jato having a short wheel base, can they be extended?

---------- Post added at 8:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:24 AM ----------

When I said top 4, I meant they come in either in 1st-2nd-3rd-4th.

I had Imex on the Jato. They were the worst tires I ever used. I have a set comming for my X-ss. I havent recieved them yet. So onroad sucks offroad???

OS.18tz is more power then you can fully open in a Jato. They do sell an extended chassis for big blocks. I dont see any reason to go that route.

ALU rims bend and dont bend back. Not a good idea IMO.

Ok I did some more looking around and this is what I also found

Pro-line 3.8 road rage tires

Does anyone else know a stand up road tire for a savage

---------- Post added at 8:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:35 PM ----------

I've already got a couple sets of XO-1 tires on the way

Back