NEW Tamiya XV-02RS Pro chassis kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
The XV-02 RS chassis is an on-road variant of the rally XV-02 platform. The kit is mainly oriented for on-road, and features updates such as dedicated 3.5mm thick carbon fiber damper stays, aluminum-cylinder oil dampers employing shaft length suited for on-road performance, and carbon fiber-reinforced rigid lower chassis.

• 1/10 scale R/C chassis assembly kit.
• Features aluminum-cylinder oil dampers employing shaft length suited for on-road performance and dedicated 3.5mm thick carbon fiber damper stays, and carbon fiber-reinforced rigid lower chassis.
• 18-spoke wheels are paired with racing semi-slick tires.
• Equipped with front midship motor plus identical length front and rear long propeller shafts.
• Comes with two 39T differential gears and one 40T differential gear for adjustment of front and rear drive balance.
• Use 39T gears (w/15T gears) on the front and rear for standard drive balance, 39T gear (w/15T gear) on the front and 40T gear (w/15T gear) on the rear for drive balance bias to front and vice-versa for drive balance bias to rear. *Use the latter two with slipper clutch and center differential.
• A longitudinal battery pack is positioned in the center-left for optimum balance.
• The flat chassis bottom and skid angle on the front bumper further contribute to limit surface contact under driving conditions.
• Caster blocks feature an angle of six degrees.
• Includes front and rear universal drive shafts, and an aluminum servo mount.
• Required to complete: 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC, 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger, 540 motor, and 190mm Body set.

Here’s a link to the product page: https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/110-4wd-rally-road-xv/rc-xv-02rs-pro-chassis-kit/xv-02/

Come on @WickedFog , you could have gave me this! 🤣
Well, that would have costed money...
After buying those TT02's, I'll never buy another Tamiya.

And regardless... $437 for that chassis kit? That's more than likely about $300 more than what they should be asking for it.

After buying those TT02's, I'll never buy another Tamiya.

And regardless... $437 for that chassis kit? That's more than likely about $300 more than what they should be asking for it.

+1

I just scanned over the specs and product photos, the car is anything but a "Pro" grade which is implied with the name.

I commend Tamiya for including adjustable turnbuckles and respectable tuning options for roll center, ackermann, etc, but the sway bar kit is optional and there are no tuning options for varying thickness of sway bars which is essential for proper tuning!

A 3-Racing Cero-Sport is lightyears ahead offering way more tuning options for a fraction of the price:
https://3racing.shop/collections/kit/products/kit-cerosport

I have a hard time "getting" RC rally cars, I like real rally cars, but their RC counterparts tend to be very expensive and not all that off-road capable.

Heck, you can turn a $500 beater into a rally car, by the time that you get electronics/body/extra crap to "fix" it you'll be at $500 for an on-roader that's neither great on-road nor off-road.

I have a hard time "getting" RC rally cars, I like real rally cars, but their RC counterparts tend to be very expensive and not all that off-road capable.

Heck, you can turn a $500 beater into a rally car, by the time that you get electronics/body/extra crap to "fix" it you'll be at $500 for an on-roader that's neither great on-road nor off-road.

I think the sweet spot is to use a 4WD SCT platform for a rally car to get the best of all worlds. There's a company called Delta Plastik that offers a very wide range of 325mm rally bodies that fit any 4WD SCT or 1/8 buggy chassis:
https://deltaplastikusa.com/collections/1-8th-rc-bodies

Here's my TEKNO SCT410.3 with a Fiat Ritmo body:

1710257421403.png

I think the sweet spot is to use a 4WD SCT platform for a rally car to get the best of all worlds.
I agree, you're already starting off with an off-road capable chassis so that takes care of 80% of the hassle.

Problem is that it's still a bit expensive for my taste, a few more hundred and I could fix up a junker for some 1:1 racing.

I agree, you're already starting off with an off-road capable chassis so that takes care of 80% of the hassle.

Problem is that it's still a bit expensive for my taste, a few more hundred and I could fix up a junker for some 1:1 racing.

There are tons of low budget 4WD SCT's and 1/8 buggys on the market, though if you just want to gitterdone then use a 2WD SCT chassis, but you will get what you pay for :(

There are tons of low budget 4WD SCT's and 1/8 buggys on the market
I'll keep an eye out if I tackle a rally build again, the other problem is that 1/8 mandates some beefy electronics and plenty of area to run.

If Exceed were still around and I went with 1/10 again, I'd just buy one of their offerings. Can't be worse than a stock TT02.

Back