New short course tires comming soon!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
New tires from panther and AKA will be out soon, they will be perfect for high grip tracks! Panther switch and AKA wishbone.

It's about time!!! Been waiting for this!

AKA is releasing their enduro tread for sct too, should make things interesting for sure, I've been really busy lately so I haven't had a chance to load pics, sorry

I seen these also in the latest Rc-driver magazine...I like more choices...:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Very glad to hear this. I await pictures!

I have good pics, I just may not be able to get them loaded till sun or so. U can't do it from the iPhone or else I would

well as promised heres, the pics!

Better pic of wishbone

and the switch

I'm sure they do well but I really like a some what scale looking tire if possible...but thats just me, I dont race hardcore.

They almost look like the goose bumps, but not as aggressive..

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_30&products_id=226

7df390e66de3f379b6dc93b40033ae6a.image.250x195.jpg

This is exactly what we have been waiting for at the Leisure Hours track. A friend of mine cut some T4 Switches to fit his SC10 wheels and they were amazing! Track rules mandated SC tires though so he couldn't run them. I think these new tire choices are going to get some new interest in the SC class out here.

GooseBumps at Leisure Hours Raceway

This is exactly what we have been waiting for at the Leisure Hours track. A friend of mine cut some T4 Switches to fit his SC10 wheels and they were amazing! Track rules mandated SC tires though so he couldn't run them. I think these new tire choices are going to get some new interest in the SC class out here.

Has anyone gotten these and run them at Leisure Hours yet?
I have the Proline Bowties M2 and they're okay I guess.... but not hooking up quite as well as I hoped they would. Anyone run these or any others that are dialed in?

Has anyone gotten these and run them at Leisure Hours yet?
I have the Proline Bowties M2 and they're okay I guess.... but not hooking up quite as well as I hoped they would. Anyone run these or any others that are dialed in?

I ran them there once, but switched to slicks in the rear as the track was very moist (first race on a brand new layout). When the track becomes drier I expect these tires to perform very well. Quick note on these: IF you get them, make sure you don't use the Pro-Line V2 closed-cell foams. The inside of the tire has ribs that run around it and they do not line up with the ribs in the foam, making for uneven tread contact. Use either AKAs or Pro-Line's newly released short course closed-cell foam if you want the firmness of a closed-cell.

Most guys prefer the M3 over the M2 Bow Ties. The softer rubber helps, especially when the track dries out.

New tire updates! Got the new AKA Wishbones and they are killer! Available in soft and super soft (I got the super soft) and they are my favorite tire to date for clay tracks, next to slicks when it's super tacky.

Saw some pictures of the new Hot Bodies tire on another forum, they look very nice also and will be available in 2 different compounds each. One looks very close to the Pro-Line Caliber, one looks very close to the Losi BK Bars, one loosely resembles the "real" looking tread pattern of the Associated stock tire (though it looks much more like the BFG tires that are actually being run in the TORC/LOORS series), and the last one is a medium pin design that seems it would work well on a medium loose track with slight bluegroove.

Pro-Line also released some M4 Bow-Ties and Calibers that are even softer than the M3s. After seeing them on my friend's Blitz, the AKA super soft is a little softer than the M4, but both are very "gummy".

All these tire choices is awesome! I was fairly discouraged last summer as all we really had to choose from were a bunch of RTR tires that were not optimized for RC racing. Now we've got a wide variety of tires to suit almost any track condition. SC can only grow from here...

I just placed an order with tower for the AKA super soft enduro tires.. I have a coupon code that if you spen 50.00 you'll get 10.00 off thats a deal..

code.5968f I do not know how long this code last for..

All these tire choices is awesome! I was fairly discouraged last summer as all we really had to choose from were a bunch of RTR tires that were not optimized for RC racing. Now we've got a wide variety of tires to suit almost any track condition. SC can only grow from here...

bugger, now we'll be back to carrying a suitcase full of different tyres again :(

bugger, now we'll be back to carrying a suitcase full of different tyres again :(

I enjoy using tires as a tuning variable at the track, so this does not bother me much. I typically bring 5 pairs of tires with me to my local track, sometimes 7 pairs; full set of Wishbones, Bow-ties, and sometimes Switches, and a pair of slicks for the rear. These tires will allow me to set up for any condition the track throws at us through a given day of racing. Now that real race tires are available, I bring much less than I used to; I used to carry the box my SC10 came in that was completely filled with tires. I have many sets of duplicate tires with different types of foams as I was constantly searching for the best traction.

kinda throws the "budget racing" racing idea out the window though :(

here we're looking at over A$120 a full set of mounted tyres
(rubber $25-35/pr, wheels $19-29/pr, inserts $20ish)

three lots and that's more than price of RTR Slash (A$350-425) here

$$ is one thing, the other is they make SCTs handle as well as 1/10 Truck
which takes half the fun outta manhandling outta-control RCs on the track

The new aka tires are great, I have the enduros mounted on J-concepts wheels and they do come with foams, I bought mine from Tower hobbies..I love the stickiness of the tire they work great for hard-clay type conditions but if it is dusty they get kinda loose..