New Scale tire from Pro-line

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Check these bad ass tires out! Got this info from Pro-Lines FB page. Hopefully they will also come out with some other TSL tread patterns as well...

tslswampers.gif

"Calling all true scale masters, check out the Interco TSL Super Swampers Tire soon to be brought to you by Pro-Line. Not your average "almost scale" tire, the 1.9 and 2.2 Super Swampers have been developed under official license with Interco Tire Corporation so that no detail is left out. L...ook for an official release very soon."

If these work as well as the flat irons but taller these will be the tire to have!

interco is based about 30 mnutes from my house. NICE!

They needed something to compete with the popularity of the Rok Lox. Look good for sure. I'm sure they will be a nice compound too

They needed something to compete with the popularity of the Rok Lox. Look good for sure. I'm sure they will be a nice compound too

Thats what I was thinking. I ran Rok Lox and Flat Irons on the same rig and the only reason I kept the Rok Lox was for the extra hight...If the axles weren't dragging the flat irons had better traction in most conditions. If these have the hight and the M3 compound it should be a winner!

Agreed. Flat Irons are a awesome scale tire but just lack the height for alot of scale rigs.

I just read that the height on the 1.9's is 4.30, this thing is about to kill Rok lox sales!

When do these bad boys come out? omg..

It's nice to see the 1:1 mfg companies paying attention to the RC crowd.

Do you guys ever have to add weight to get more traction? I would think lighter is better, but if its too light will it still bite?
I dont have any scale experience, so this might sound semi rediculous

Do you guys ever have to add weight to get more traction? I would think lighter is better, but if its too light will it still bite?
I dont have any scale experience, so this might sound semi rediculous

Yes most people put weight up front in both scalers and crawlers to help keep the front end down on verticle climbs.

do they make heavier parts for this? like a more dense axle?
or is it more like simply strapping the battery packs to the axle

do they make heavier parts for this? like a more dense axle?
or is it more like simply strapping the battery packs to the axle

No most people get lead stick on weights for balancing 1:1 tires and stick them to the wheel, here is a pic so you have an idea what I am talking about.

P1060860Medium.jpg

Getting weights to fit 1.9 beadlocks can be a pain in the butt sometimes too, so even though they are annoying at first, bb's work well aslong as you trim your foam to allow them to stay in the bottom of the tire.

Back