New SC8 Owner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Short Course #1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just ordered an SC8...should be here in a few days...having fun with my Slash and Strike, but could not hold out any longer since seeing the SC8 in person...before it gets here, I have a few questions:

1) What fuel works best with the SC8?
2) Are there any immediate changes needed?
3) Does the AE .28 need any "special" break-in?

Any other suggestions or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

PS: It better not snow before it gets here...

No help from me but congrats on the new rig!!!

Congrats on the purchase! Which body did you order?

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago but have yet to put fuel in her and start the break-in. I'll give you the best answers I can to your questions.

1. Any good quality fuel will work. I like Torco,Wildcat,Byron's,O'Donnels and Trinity. I'm not sure what you have available in Canada. The book says 10-20% nitro.

2. I don't know what the weak areas are yet but being nitro the first thing you need is a failsafe. The steering servo is marginal in my opinion. I've ordered upgraded Futaba digital/high torque/high speed servos for mine. I'm sure the stock would be ok for starters but I want to use my Futaba 2.4ghz radio in HRS mode which requires the digital servos. The stock XP3D radio isn't bad though,I've been using one all year on my other trucks.

3. Nothing special. Just a proper break-in like ALL nitro engines require.

That's about all I can say until I get some actual wheel time with mine.

Back