New pull starter recommendations needed!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar new

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yesterday was trying to start my hsp 94108 nitro truck and the pull starter snapped :(

I can't decide between the electric starter that is a brick with a rod or to just buy another pull starter. (The electric starter with a battery and charger $80 and arrives later in august. On the other hand the pull starter is 5 bucks about.

Thank you for the recommendation! :happy:

Buy the brick one. Also buy the pull one. 😆

I'm a fan of the pull start myself.

Yesterday was trying to start my hsp 94108 nitro truck and the pull starter snapped :(

I can't decide between the electric starter that is a brick with a rod or to just buy another pull starter. (The electric starter with a battery and charger $80 and arrives later in august. On the other hand the pull starter is 5 bucks about.

Thank you for the recommendation! :happy:

I've snapped one myself, mostly due to inexperience and having a hard time starting/breaking in the engine. I think they're still pretty reliable, especially once you've got the feel for it.

The "brick" starter shouldn't run you $80, more like $20. Another $20 for a battery, fair, but it should be possible to charge it with the same charger you're using for your nimh receiver pack (assuming you're using one), maybe just with a little plug adapter.

I like pullstarts but... preferably on smallblocks😂

Mine broke but held on for a nitro bigblock day so the $5 pullstart should be enough for a smallblock👍