New Product Intro From Inertia Racing Products, Quick Fuel System

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Quoted from Gizmo, owner of I.R.P.
Hey Guys,
something i have been working on for the last couple of months is about to hit the street.

i have come up with an all in one Quick Fuel System for the Baja's.

these came about because i was sick and tired of pulling the 8 body clips, the body, and then fighting the gas cap on my 5t, throw in some dirt,dust, and sand that your fuel tank is exposed to with the gas cap off the tank while re-fueling, enough was enough. i did not set out to make these for retail, but all of my buddies love this system so here we go again, another new product launch.

The system consists of :

1- 32oz. plastic bottle with a custom machined billet fuel fill plunger tip, that screws down on an all brass inside piece so there is no corrosion issue. the brass inner piece has an o-ring to seal it to prevent leakage.

1- rubber cap for the fuel tip to prevent spills if the bottle gets turned over in transport to and from.

1- Custom machined Billet Fuel Fill Tube that can be mounted on any roll bar,upright, in any desired location or angle. this piece has a 2 bolt clamp system that is 1/2 inch in diameter when fully tightend. this will aloww for quick release roll cage tubes. also included is a rubber grommet so it can be clamped to the stock diameter roll bar or uprights as well.simply install the split grommet then tighten the 2 allen head bolts on the clamp and you are good to go.

1- Rubber self sealing fuel fill receiver for the quick fuel tube, the receiver and fill tip are a perfect machined match for a tight seal durring re-fueling

3- Brass 10/32 male thread x 1/8" male barb fittings with o-rings for the base. 1 of the fittings is for the billet fuel fill tube and the other 2 fittings are for the gas tank.

2 feet of tygon fuel line.
i went the extra mile and put the steel braided fuel line cover over my fuel lines in the pics below for that extar bling factor. the kits will Not include this item.

The system is pretty straight forward as far as installation:

1) pick you mounting location and angle for the fuel fill tube.

2) drill 2 small holes in the tank allowing the diameter not to be too large so the 10/32 threaded barb will tighten down.one of the fittings is for fuel inlet and the 2nd is for overflow/vent. this 2nd fitting allows you know when the tank is full by allowing a small amount of fuel to run out.
as of this moment the drill bit size is a # 21 which = 196 thousands. this bit is in a tap and die set. i will get a more detailed, common size drill it size for you guys and this will be in the instructions that come with the kit. when tightnig the 2 fittings be sure not to overtighen them as this will pull the threads and also cut the rubber sealing o-ring on the base of the fitting. there is no need to bear down on these just snug them up.

3) cut your fuel line to the necessary length from the fill tube to the tank. then simply cut another piece for the overflow/vent fitting in the tank.

4) when used on 5t you will need make an access hole for the quick fuel receiver and fuel fill tip , depending on where you mount the fill tube. as you can in the pics the hieght of the fill tube is under the body in case of that roll over thing....allright you are done now go have a blast.

The IRP Quick Fuel System is for the weekend basher and for all of you that race you will love this system. this system is tried and true in the 1/4 scale world and has been around for many, many years. been run on dirt track, concrete, and asphalt all over the country. it will cut down on trash in the fuel tank as you are no longer opening an 1 1/4 hole and exposing the tank to the elements.
It is true there other companies offer these components seperately and i don't claim to have re-inveted the wheel here but i am the only one offering this system in 1 complete kit. and as you can see it has the bling factor, not some ugly steel tube welded to a clamp that looks like a 3 rd grader welded it..if you price these components separately from the different sources and pay the individual prices and the 3 seperate shipping charges i am not out of line on the price. i realize this not for everyone but it is a nice option system for re-fueling your ride.

This system will be available @ DDM very soon. retail price $65.00

Thanks for looking guys and your support,
Giz.
finishedquickfuelkit006.jpg

finishedquickfuelkit005.jpg

finishedquickfuelkit004.jpg

finishedquickfuelkit003.jpg

finishedquickfuelkit002.jpg

finishedquickfuelkit001.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't have a nitro, but that is a great looking system. $65 doesn't seem bad at all..

no its not. After talking to Buddy, and hearing about the work involved to put the kit together (which isnt too bad), and the exacting machine work to make the reciever setup, 65.00 seems quite fair to me.

Interesting system, however I don't like the fact that the input port is basically always open. I see this as a place for dirt and derby to then being flushed into the tank as new fuel is poured in.

Am I right or am I missing something?

funny you mention that Woody. I was just coming over to post this reply to that exact topic from Giz.
hey guys,

on the dirt issue i hope this will help clear it up a bit, sorry i should have been a bit more descriptive in the original post.

basically this same receiver that has been used for many, many, years in 1/4 scale racing on dirt tracks across the country and down under in australia. i personally have used this same receiver when i had my 1/4 scale sprint car running on dirt.
on the sprinter it was completely exposed to the elements, no body protection over it , just a fill tube with the receiver clamped to one of the roll cage tubes. i have run on wet muddy to dry dusty tracks and never had one single issue. yes dirt and dust did get in the receiver, but you are talking about such a small amout that it was insignificant.
as stated in a few posts on this thread we all have at the very least the clunk filter in the tank, and i know most of you probably have an additional in line filter as double protection, also as timmahh said you will get more crud and garbage in the fuel system by exposing the tank when taking off the stock gas cap than with the sealed system.

now with this system mounted up on my personal 5t the way the fill tube is positioned on the roll cage quick release tubes and the the angle it is at it is pretty tough to get any significant amount of crud in the rubber receiver. i am not saying it is impossible, but very slight , if any. now throw in the body that covers the fuel fill, be it a truck body, bug body, EDM, etc. it really cuts down on the possibility. my system was intentionaly designed to be just under the body so it is not completely exposed as it was on my 1/4 scale car. i did take into account the whole roll over thing with the 5t.
also the fill tube can be rotated in any position when mounting, it does not have to be straight up and down. side ways or somewhere in between works just fine, thus even allowing the system to be used on the 5b as well.

below are a few close up pics of the receiver and you can see how it is self sealing. as far as an additional cap over the receiver, i guess you could add one if you really feel the need to do so, but you are kind of defeating the purpose.

i hope this clears things up a bit, and i really appreciate all of the positive responses. i look forward to any future comments and suggestions.
thanks,
Giz.

fuelreceivercloseup007.jpg

fuelreceivercloseup001.jpg

Interesting system, however I don't like the fact that the input port is basically always open. I see this as a place for dirt and derby to then being flushed into the tank as new fuel is poured in.

Am I right or am I missing something?

I agree with that also..plus the fact it is hanging right there open on that part of the roll cage:eek::eek: 1 goofy roll over and that part of the system is ripped off or bent...

Ah Hem, if you would read, you will see the receiver end has been a standard item for way longer than any of us has had a large scale anything. its a proven system. not to mention, all you would need to do is to blow any dirt/sand/dust off the end before you fill. Look its really simple. this is an item that make refilling the 5Ts very Clean, Simple, Efficient, and for you racers most of all Fast. its a chore to refill the Ts/VW ect and other modded rigs. this is a Great Solution.

As stated by I.R.P.
This system is tried and true in the 1/4 scale world and has been around for many, many years. been run on dirt track, concrete, and asphalt all over the country. it will cut down on trash in the fuel tank as you are no longer opening an 1 1/4 hole and exposing the tank to the elements
This same receiver that has been used for many, many, years in 1/4 scale racing on dirt tracks across the country and down under in australia. i personally have used this same receiver when i had my 1/4 scale sprint car running on dirt.
on the sprinter it was completely exposed to the elements, no body protection over it , just a fill tube with the receiver clamped to one of the roll cage tubes. i have run on wet muddy to dry dusty tracks and never had one single issue. yes dirt and dust did get in the receiver, but you are talking about such a small amout that it was insignificant.

Nice Try "SCOTT"Matt,Tom,Harry,peepee... whatever your name is

plus the fact it is hanging right there open on that part of the roll cage 1 goofy roll over and that part of the system is ripped off or bent...

Had you of Read the Thread, which we know you have but some how must of just not remembered These perticular parts, or maybe you did read it, but dont care about the content, just the poster... at any rate, HAD you of read, and FULLY UNDERSTOOD the original post, you would read this....
1- Custom machined Billet Fuel Fill Tube that can be mounted on any roll bar,upright, in any desired location or angle. this piece has a 2 bolt clamp system that is 1/2 inch in diameter when fully tightend. this will aloww for quick release roll cage tubes. also included is a rubber grommet so it can be clamped to the stock diameter roll bar or uprights as well.simply install the split grommet then tighten the 2 allen head bolts on the clamp and you are good to go.

when used on 5t you will need make an access hole for the quick fuel receiver and fuel fill tip , depending on where you mount the fill tube. as you can in the pics the hieght of the fill tube is under the body in case of that roll over thing....allright you are done now go have a blast.

and you would of understood, you can mount the reciever pretty much anywhere. That is just where Gizmo mounted his. It can go on ANY roll cage, ANY place you can fit a small clamp. Furthermore, It SWIVALS, so it can then be turned in any direction once mounted (with in reason for space to swival it depending on where you mounted it. and yes this needs to be spelled out due to SCOTTMATTOMDICKHARRY>>>s inability to comprehend things to well).

So your post is really one from a few reasons.

a. you didnt read the description
b. you did read and didnt care.
c. you did read and didnt comprehend the simplicity of it
d. your a troll, and have some deep rooted issue, and feel the need to direct it on to every thread i post.

personally, as sad as it is to say, I'm pretty sure its d.

Back