New plane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcc1961

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my plane today and noticed that the rudder and elevator are not lined up with the wings.Is this on purpose because the motor is is off center a little bit by design?You can see in the picture.

Attachments

• 20181019_161302.jpg
    20181019_161302.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 89
The motor angle is slightly offset to counteract for torque. The tail and wings should all be level, both horizontally and vertically.
Possibly it could have been packaged wrong causing the twist in the fuselage. You'll need to "Over correct" the twist till it settles back where it should be. Is it possible that it's the main wing that's not level? Hard to tell from that photo. See if the tail lines up with the canopy and gauge if the tail is the actual problem. If it is, and you can't trade it in, you'll need to support the fuselage and force the tail in the other direction, past the point of vertical. Heating it with a hair dryer will help, but be careful not to overheat since you can damage the foam.

I got it straightened it out with a hair dryer.Thanks for the help!

I watch the YouTube vids and even the experienced flyers crash those planes they have all those hours and money invested in.

I flew my plane today and crashed it on takeoff lots of times.I only have 1 battery and had 1 good flight on the one charge.What do i need to do for a good hand launch?

A friend to launch it for you would be great as you don't have to rush and can be on the controls the whole time. Nose up at about 20° and throw it like a slow baseball pitch.

Back