New parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I just broke my carburetor.. so I'm guessing its time for a new one.. I'm ordering a new one, but I also found out that My spur gear has a few chipped teeth so I'm ordering a new one of those also.. what teeth do you think I should get? I want more torque but still want maybe 35 MPH top speed at least.. what teeth should be good for better torque but still keeps good top speed? Right now I'm running at 74 teeth.. maybe 72, not sure. I want to move down to the 60's for more torque. What should I get? And any other parts I could upgrade on right now? I already have a tuned pipe.

fewer teeth on a spur gear will give you more top end, not more torque. Fewer teeth on a clutch bell will give you more torque and less top end. So if you want more torque you need to go up on teeth on the spur gear or drop down in teeth on your clutch bell.

Ok I'm confused here, I know that the spur gear is the big black plastic gear coming from the transmission, what's the clutch bell? the metal gear from the engine?

I'm pretty sure that's what it is.. anyway, what teeth should i get for more torque? and What type? steel?

Also, What spur gear should I get with it?

Last edited:
yes the clutch bell is the gear on the engine that makes the spur gear turn

right, but what teeth should I get for more torque and still good top end? what type? and what teeth spur gear?

I'm running 20/72 right now.. but What do you think I should do?

Alright, Thanks bro I appreciate it, ordering an 18 tooth now :)

Back