New member here with a few questions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BULL1TT_KEV

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone, I used to have RC's when I was younger (early 90's) and kinda drifted away from the hobby. My son (who is 12) has a Team Associated 1/10 truck and runs it non stop. We are only bashers and just take turns with it and have alot of fun! Now I am looking at getting some more toys and have done alot of homework.

I was interested in The HPI savage Trucks but kept seeing people posting about the same problems over and over. So I have settled on a Losi LST. Now here is the brain burner I would like some advice on. The local hobby shop has reccomended me to get the Aftershock. It seems to be the same truck minus the expensive radio and 2cc of engine compared to the LST 26 vs 28.

Can anyone comment on any of the differences between the Shockwave and lst that I may be missing?

I do not really care about having the telemetry, and the engine size is no biggie either, and the money is no issue. The way I see it, I can get 2 of these shockwave trucks and we can both have equal units to play with.

Any help would be appreciated guys! And thanx!

well if you get the aftershock the first to things you need to know is that the one way bearing suck you will need to change it to and lst one way bearing and the stock pipe suck to in this case you will need to buy losi ht pipe and the dx3s is a very nice radio i have the lst 2 and it is pretty fast i also have a savage x ss 4.6 and its a pretty good truck to i have not had a problem with in

Last edited:
The aftershock can be a good truck, but it has it's own problems as well.

The LST XXL is better built out of the box.

If funding is an issue, you can pretty easily make the aftershock a decent performer and relatively durable. Changing the entire 2 speed assembly for an actual LST* (LST1/2/XXL) will get rid of the pesky stock one way alienman is talking about. Replacing the pipe with the LST2/XXL pipe will eek out better performance by a far cry. Getting some smaller tires/wheels will also make it much more peppy.

Most of that can be found on the cheap on ebay. Be careful buying the 2 speed on ebay though... some like to post the crappy aftershock version as "LST", but it isn't. Your still looking at an additional $50-$70 for the 2-speed and pipe via ebay though, so factor that in to the sale price of the aftershock to figure out if it's still worth it.

2 speed - Ebay item #: 310225592534
pipe - Ebay item #: 140415088563

Same seller so you can combine shipping. ;)

You can get the aftershock at www.amainhobbies.com for $370 and the XXL for $590 (not sure about shipping though).

You can get them at RC planet ($400/$589) and get a free micro hi-roller it appears as well. Cool little rig to screw around with in the house.
AS: http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LOSB0012LE&CartID=3
XXL: http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LOSB0016&CartID=1

The real price is shown when you add it to your cart. So ignore the "Our Price" until you add it to the cart.

Last edited:
Well I got a package deal from a guy that includes,

An LST2
A Mugen MBX5
A Picco and a slash heli

I'm pretty stoked. It all runs and is super clean so time to go play! I'll take some pics!

i thank its stock being sold because the xxl has taken its place:\

Yes it is, Or so I was told at the hobby shop today.