New Kyosho 70 charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Just watched Greg from RCDriver. This is the new Kyosho 70s charger. It looks SO good. I was looking at the traxxas 4tec onroads. I like them but they only have 4 body styles which is the Mustang, GT, mk5 supra and c8 corvette. These kyosho ones might be on my next car list. Also speaking about kyosho, I saw that they have some electric buggies but I dont know how good they are for racing. And the thing is all of their on road cars are on the same chassis(the Fazer MK2). This one comes brushless out of the box while the other ones are brushed but still fun. Also I like that they are LED ready. Also I like their Mad van which is on the same chassis from the on road cars.

Great vid. Even greater car. Kyosho done good with this one. Agree with the reviewer in that the only upgrade she really needs is the option sway bars. Even without sway bars thinking that chassis and tire combo will handle well when the ground warms up. Thanks for finding this and posting it up, DavidB. Cheers. 'AC'

Just watched Greg from RCDriver. This is the new Kyosho 70s charger. It looks SO good. I was looking at the traxxas 4tec onroads. I like them but they only have 4 body styles which is the Mustang, GT, mk5 supra and c8 corvette. These kyosho ones might be on my next car list. Also speaking about kyosho, I saw that they have some electric buggies but I dont know how good they are for racing. And the thing is all of their on road cars are on the same chassis(the Fazer MK2). This one comes brushless out of the box while the other ones are brushed but still fun. Also I like that they are LED ready. Also I like their Mad van which is on the same chassis from the on road cars.

I was looking at the charger too. Nice ride. I ended up ordering the 4-tec, 3.0 c8 stingray along with the optional brushless power system. Always wanted a 'vette.

Received mine last month and been ordering some upgrades. What a nice car. Quick and seems to be built pretty good.

Attachments

• 1825A826-0DDF-481B-9A73-376ECE03D38A.jpeg
    1825A826-0DDF-481B-9A73-376ECE03D38A.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 64
That's the car I bought. Got a set of Duratrax wheels/tires for it as the stock tires don't grip very well. I also got a set of soft springs and light weight oil for the shocks. It's really dialed in now, handles great around the turns.

kyosho.png

I was cruising around a parking lot, and ate a curb :rolleyes: because I wasn't paying attention. The foam bumper meant I could keep driving, although the body took some damage. As I was going full speed in a straight line, I heard a loud crack, and the next thing I know the car is flipping end-over-end through the air! Wondering what the ____ happened, I saw a small blue ball rolling along the same path as the car. Picked it up, and was solid hard plastic. Don't know where it came from, but when the car hit it, instead of just pushing it out of the way, I caught it just right to launch it!

The body sustained a good amount of damage, but nothing broke on the car. Shocks, A-arms, shock towers...everything was just fine. Not that big time damage is something on road cars are usually subject to, but the Kyosho held up better than my Aarma Big Rock would have under the same circumstances.

Ouch. Yeah, stuff happens. Glad for you and your car it came out as good as it did.

Look into some body skids, aka lid skids. RPM and P-L both offer them. Those will help mitigate body damage in the future. Good luck and hang in there.

Cheers. 'AC'

I've got plenty of bodies. Getting a new type of body & painting it is one part of the hobby I really like (although I'm not very good at it)

I've also got a good stock of wheels/tires because this thing shreds rubber.

Back