New JR RS310

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but how many of the JR receivers have you had go on the blink? Then how many Novak's?

Not having used the JR receivers, I can't say from personal experience...but I have read a lot about people having not one, not two, but sometimes up to three separate JR RS300 or better receivers give up the ghost. On the other hand, I have been using Novak XXtra synth receivers in my off-road RCs for better than two years. To date, I have only had to replace one and that was because it had gone for a ride into some not so shallow water. It actually survived that ride and ran for quite a bit more...but it did eventually die. That is 1 in 6 receivers over two MTs and three buggies.

What problems are associated with the RS300? I run both the 310 and the 300. I bought the RS310 only because the RS300 was too big for my Serpent710 receiver box. So far, I like them both. I don't see any difference between the two.

I would also like to know what the problem is with the RS300's, I just bought a second one. I didn't even know about the RS310 but they seem to be the same price I need a few more synth receivers so I am very interested in knowing.

one thing about the RS310 is the size. It's roughly 3/4 the size of the RS300.

Yeah a smaller receiver would be nice, I think I will give one a try even though I have had no problems with the RS300 so far.

As I said in a previous post, I had to get one because the RS300 wouldn't fit in my Serpent710. It was too big and was hanging a little bit below the chassis. BAD for an on-road. I'd chew it up after a few laps around the track.

Sky the xxtra is excelllent and I have not had any problems with several of them. But it is hard to believe they would raise the price on it. That is extortion based on high demand. Sure its their right to charge what the market will bear, but its only a matter of time before competitors flood the market with something similar at a lower price. The RS310 for example...

I put up a flurry of posts in the radio section the other day, mostly about the rs300. They just quit working or have bad glitching problems. I have one that works great on my rc10gt but not my storm buggy. The extra steel drivelines or something about the storm give it fits. I have heard the same thing from many other people, as Sky said. It seems there is about a 50/50 chance it will die right away.

The only one I am using right now is the one that came with my LST and it has worked fine the other one hasn't been used yet. So if there basically the same price the RS310 would be the one's to go with right, or would it be worth the extra $50 to go with the Novak?

As much as I am a huge proponent for quality parts, I am also big on not changing something that is working. Why fix it if it hasn't broken? At least I find myself asking that question at times.

If your JR receivers are working just fine, then stick with them. If you are having problems with them, either try the new one that Scott mentioned to start this thread...or try a different brand. My brand of choice is Novak. Yes, they are pricey...but they work great and have continued to perform for me.

Good point Sky, I did just find the same Novak receiver thats $115 on Horizon for $90 on Tower though so maybe I will give one a try next time thanks for the heads up with the JR's.

Last edited:
Well, just found out what the general complaints were with the RS300 receivers. Apparently, they are prone to quitting on you because of vibration. I guess it's a hit or miss with these receivers. Only time will tell, but the RS310 is supposed to address this issue, as well as making a smaller reciever.

my rs300 quit one day all of a sudden and Horizon just sent be a brand new one, but I have already purchased the novak. My rs300 lasted for about 3 months in my K3.

Does anyone have a model # or link to the Novak receiver that replaces the RS310? Is the Novak as small or smaller than the RS310. I'm currently looking for a smaller receiver to replace an RS300 for my MBX5. The receiver box has very limited room.

Well I for one have used Novak for many years and have never had one let me down in time of need. Here is the link Novak and this is a pretty good price, Just because you see it for 115 at Horizon doesn't mean novak raised the price. :cheers:

Good link speed, I'm you probably want the 2675 fm 75 mhz model. It works with all the different transmitters. That is a great price on the Novak site, but I think they did raise the price because it went up at the distributor price level too.

Diver6127 said:
Well, just found out what the general complaints were with the RS300 receivers. Apparently, they are prone to quitting on you because of vibration. I guess it's a hit or miss with these receivers. Only time will tell, but the RS310 is supposed to address this issue, as well as making a smaller reciever.
I have 2 dead JR 300's after less than 6 months of usage and it's probable that their death is due to the vibration.

Back