New hyper 7 tq2 .21 several problems help needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maesterio

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys,

So I just done all the pre-checkers on the buggy, oiled it up, set thread locks.

The problems I am having are:

1) servo's are making constant noise when adjusted to the proper setting, the manual shows this can be adjusted with the steering dual rate but its not working.

2) the throttle trim has not be adjusted properly, I cannot see the carb opening when I take of the filter?

First time I started it up the throttle must have been on max and on the first start the throttle went full out but in a second I shut it down quickly, has this damaged anything.

where can I find how to properly set the throttle adjustments/trims?

and lastly

3) the buggy starts but then shuts after 3-5 seconds??

The glow plug and starter are both fine.

any help would be seriously appreciated.

thanks

You should upload some pics to photo bucket and post them so we can see.
When your car and controller is on your carb slider that controlled throttle should be all the way in. You might have to take your servo horn off to adjust propperly

As for the engine, I doubt it hurt anything as long as you killed it quick.
Is it a new or used motor?
You should get the stock needle settings and go from there!

Hi,

It's a brand new motor, the problem is I cannot see the carb so I cannot see the gap?

I hope I have not messed the engine up with the full throttle of the first start up.

If it wasn't on a block of wood it would have became a missile.

I will upload some photo's in a bit.

Also why are the servo's making a struggling noise when turning?

Thanks for the help

Servos are notify in general, its because there little motors pushing quite a bit of torque
To see the gap, you have to take your air filter off. With the cat and transmitter on you should have about a 1mm gap about the thickness of a credit card.
It wasn't good for the motor, but as long as you take precaution next time and try avoid it I'm sure the motor is fine

Once you get a few pictures uploaded there are plenty of people here to help you get up and running, If you start getting frustrated just walk away for a few minutes, learning how to get a nitro up and running for the first few times can be a little troublesome.

2mgo101.jpg

waq435.jpg

thats all I have atm, when I get back home I will upload some more.

I cannot see the carb gap because the air filter is not coming off? I dont wanna yank it to much because it already feels like it might go bent.

Sorry for being such a noob, I have read through a lot of guides but when you come together physically with it and it does not work it gets really frustrating.

Grab the air filter boot from the bottom where it slides onto the carb and it will pull right off. No need to apologize, we were all noobs once!

Ok so I got the engine started, I'm now running it for 15+ seconds before it shuts down again.

It starts off at idle with no wheels turning then picks up throttle itself and the wheels start turning. When with my controller I bring the speed back down it shuts off.

And it's also spewing a bit of fuel out the exhaust.

You will want to cut the zip tie off the filter neck at the carb to remove the filter if its present (looks to be).

Just install a new zip tie when you reinstall the filter.

You need to be able to see the idle gap before you can diagnose the issue.

Is the idle gap and the adjustment I make with the throttle trim the same thing?

Thanks to everyone who helped.

After hour of messing around I have it up and running!

that a quick video of the first tank breaking it in, running very rich.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I broke it in and took it too a local park.

Now the problem I am having is that the pullstarter comes all the way out but does not go back in? I spin the flywheel and it goes back in but then when you pull it out again same problem does not go back in?

Its only been used for like 1 hour..