New here...my rigs from 9 years ago

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler B

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I finally made the 6 hour journey to my mother's x husbands and pick up my old belongings....its been 8 years these cars have run "5 nitro cars two of which I gave to my friend who traveled with me, a jato 2.5 and ofna ultra lx"...

I kept my revo and rather rare " rare 9 years ago" thunder tiger ek4 that I has waaaay too much money in it! These cars were kept in an attic with no temo control or any sort of preservation:-(
20150708_090441_zpsirucj6d4.jpg

The revo seems to have a frozen trans "possibly brake disks" and has aftermarket push rods that seem to have rusted pretty bad.
20150708_090532_zpsmvjtoj77.jpg

20150708_090512_zpsiw4igjkc.jpg

20150708_090556_zps5l1yiohk.jpg

20150708_090743_zpscsijkwkc.jpg

Ever see dry rot rc tires lol

20150708_090630_zpsiv3ktqot.jpg

The day I got back from picking them up I was really nervous about the ek4....it did have a battery leak and damage some anaodized aluminum but that's about it. It was very dirty but the motor turned over so I poured some fuel in and prayed it would run and sure enough it fired right up with some wiggles of the throttle! Already have torn it apart and cleaned it but I'd like to put all new bearings in:)

FB_IMG_1436323573235_zpsscqmwktu.jpg

20150707_224259_zpszmogzgqe.jpg

So anyway...this is just my monster truck intro thread...I expect to be here showing potential progress on getting the revo back on its feet and melting diff gears with the thunder tiger lol

Just another case of "It's an addiction and you just can't EVER kick it". You're here for the 'fix', aren't you? ;)

yes...I've missed the hobby very much but replaced it with working on my toyota supra..... i would like to get this cars looking good and running well again but its been so long i have no idea whats current and what i can do.

currently looking into receiver packs and matching chargers but I'm lost as to whats the hot ticket right now lol.

this ttr ek4 is next to impossible to find parts for so I'm sure ill be needing help finding parts from other cars i can make work....such as shocks and clutchs etc i can retro fit.

at least the revo is still current and i can get parts for it

Hold on to them as long as you can still get parts support. I sold a lot of the early stuff through the years, but that's because it got pretty much obsolete. My Tamiya Grasshoppers went in '05. Solid, straight swing arm rear and mechanical speed control with a RED HOT ceramic resistor. I got them in 1982 or thereabout. Had hundreds of hours of building and running with them.

I won't be selling the ttr ek4 that's for sure....not unless some collector offered an outlandish proposal....one on eBay right now all decked out for $300.66 is the current bid....I won't sell for double that price lol

It was a collector that bought my Grasshoppers and ALL the extra parts. At the time it was all useless since I had gotten into nitro.
$40 is all I got and I had about 5 or 6 hundred into them.
I recently found ONE rear wheel and tire. I wonder what it's worth? :thumbs-down:

Lol no clue...I always wanted a clod buster all decked out but never had the chance to get one

Welcome aboard, I believe somebody on this forum did a thread on reviving an EK4 do a quick search on it.

Current progress on the revo.

20150708_172407_zpsm6ne7uxd.jpg

I found that mud wasps made homes in both diff boxes and wheel hubs so now I'll remove the exhaust pipe to make sure they didn't get in there also.

Thanks trout!

And Rolex...yeah friggin wasps made homes in this revo....dead spider were in there inside the mud tunnels they made lol

Back