new engine for buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronoob.28

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I sms replacing my stock engine and can't decide on a new engine. I don't race just bash. But I race with just a small group of friends on a back yard track. I'm looking at the ofna picco .26 red dot or the lpr zr .30 spec 2. My buggy is one the heavy side. Other recommendations would be helpful. Looking for a big block that has descent mileage for around 210. Thank you

What buggy do you have? A force .28 can be had for cheap

transmited from a mobile communications device

Picco P3 .28 the picco .26 red dot is not actually a true big block. Its a big block with a small block footprint. Thats why its a direct drop in replacement for the tmaxx or revo without having to change the chassis. So i recommend going with the picco .28 if that is the brand you want. Also for a buggy i wouldnt recommend anything bigger than a .28 due to torque being way overkill for the buggy to actually be able to put it to the ground and control it. I have a .28 on my hpi trophy and its geared 17/46. It could probably handle up to a 19T bell and still get off the start. Its plenty fast enough as is for me and it is just for bashing. I dont race

The buggy is from exceed. I love the base its built on it extreamly tough but I'm converting some things on it to my likeing. The reason I'm looking for a bigblock is cause the chassis and everthing is really thick so the whole car is heavy.

Not at all an exceed or redcat racing fan. But to each his own.

force .28 is a great bashing motor if ur on a budget. holds a tune great an is pretty strong. or u can go with a picco .28 or an LRP z28 for under $200. as far as it being an exceed or redcat, who cares what people think of them, as long as ur having fun with it. would i buy one? no....but who cares.

I decided to go with the lrp z .28 spec 3. Does anyone have any recommendations on a size on a clutch bell I use it for bashing but still have small races with a small group of friends