new dirt oval build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdavis577

Retired Vet and Avid Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
hey yall ....

building my new custom works rocket 5 kit .... this thing is gon a be wicked fast ... but curious why isn't there a dirt oval forum on here ??
FB_IMG_1698804500136.jpg

I have only seen one or two guys into the oval track racing. My guess, that's the reason.
I live in a area where I have yet to see anybody else running any RCs.
I love the look of drag racing but I would look ridiculous out there racing myself.
Same way with oval, no clue where there is a track without having to drive to Boise.

we actually have quite a few around the central texas area, I also know it is very common in the north east and mid west..... we have an indoor oval called 4way in abilene that is a great track and we just built and opened an outdoor one in san angelo ....... sooo much fun and there are tons of classes, everything from street stock to mudboss, to higher end late modles ( like mine) to even unlimited sprints ......

Now I have to check out dirt oval RC racing. Haha! That build looks great! Shame to dirty it up, but bet it will Rip!

Now I have to check out dirt oval RC racing. Haha! That build looks great! Shame to dirty it up, but bet it will Rip!
yeh I am excited to get it on the track. Our local club is hosting a double header this weekend. Offroad starts at 900 am ..... then dirt oval starts at 5pm ..... gonna be along day running 3 classes .....1/10 SCT with a associted B74.1D. Then running a stock street class with a b6, then this guy in open late model

Back