New Cold Air intake how-to...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If any of you have checked the TechInfo page you've noticed I have a lot of how-to's and reviews still to come. I've just managed to get this one finished. One down and many to go...

cold air intake .21 engines

-WoodiE

Hey Woodie, what about spreading some of that responsibility to the little people? I'd be all for some good bash testing on some kick ass promo gear.... :naughty:

Man I love homemade mods! Very clean setup Woodie:thumbsup:

Can i hook one of those up to my trx 2.5? LOL!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Originally posted by Candyman
Hey Woodie, what about spreading some of that responsibility to the little people? I'd be all for some good bash testing on some kick ass promo gear.... :naughty:

LMFAO - who are you kidding Candyman? I buy everything I do reviews on.

-WoodiE

whats the point of a cool air intake? It looks like a mod like this just moves where the engine gets it's air. I guess farther away from the engine in cooler? and this increases performance?

I think I know this one, but I may be backwards. Cold air is more dense. Dense means more air being pulled in by the engine. More air, better combustion equaling better performance. The hotter the air, the less dense causing you to starve your engine of air.

Is that right?

that makes since. Colder denser air is going to have more O2 in it per cubic inch. That means a cool air intake will mess with your tuning too.

Originally posted by NoviceRob
that makes since. Colder denser air is going to have more O2 in it per cubic inch. That means a cool air intake will mess with your tuning too.

that is true, but so will outside temperature, how dirty your air filter is, how dirty your fuel filter is etc. Their are a lot of factors to consider when you go out to run. I tune everytime I go out. But thats just me...:hehe:

Originally posted by WoodiE
If any of you have checked the TechInfo page you've noticed I have a lot of how-to's and reviews still to come. I've just managed to get this one finished. One down and many to go...

cold air intake .21 engines

-WoodiE
Day late and a dollar short Woodie, I had already done that one a few months ago.

Keep up the reviews!

Anyone is more than welcome to write reviews//tips//tricks etc. We will post them if they are good and comprehensive/complete. You will be provided with credit for the review etc. as well.