new body...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
well i know I've said i hate bug bodies, but i hate std's and I've had them too lol so heres my new bug body, its a hardbody, i painted it (kinda crappy) black and yellow kinda blended together with some soft mesh look.;)
003-7.jpg

001-17.jpg

Looks good!:first_place: Check out my Comp body, It's different if nothing else!:D Sorry pics deleted

Last edited:
Wow, it looks great man. I know how hard you worked on it, and the trim lines came out absolutely perfect. You know me well enough to know that I'll tell you when I don't like something, but I think this looks great. Regular STD's aren't too bad, but when you get STD's that are so bad they get their own STD's, you really start to feel the burn.

looks good nice rig ron, like charlie said looks perfect.

Thanks, I think Charlie was talking about yours tho.
Have you tryed running your Hammers the opposite direction? I found I got better traction running them the opposite you have them. It's worth a try.

^^^really? yeah I've never even payed attention to their direction lol maybe i have them on backwards anyways...I'm waiting for a new motor at the moment and also a new bec, once i get them i will flip the wheels around and see if it helps out at all.

looks great. iam gonna order a bug body soon before the become impossible to find. great job tho

thanks savage....i like it so far, havent run with it yet but its cool that it needs painted on the outside so i can change it all the time!!!

Savage Basher, let me know if you can find them anywhere. I've bought quite a few but I'm looking for some more to buy.

This isn't a lexan body like you usually see, it's a hard body. Cutting those lines was no easy task, and I'm thinking it might work better than lexan on rollovers.

No it wasn't easy cutting it out lol, i have so many bandaides on right now ha ha.

opinion update....i hate bug bodies lol, i was itching to find out how this one works so i borrowed a motor and slapped her together and all i did was flip over, i guess its cuz its a hard body and so heavy but damn it flips over easy so I'm going back to my old body for now...i also rolled off a rock about a foot drop and cracked the bug about 2 inches long lol...oops.

o really. they are not lexan bodys? i always thought they were. does hpi still make there bug body? ill do some research when i get home from work and see what i can come up with.

The HPI bug bodies are lexan, the one that slowngreen bought was a hard body that was made of ABS plastic. It's more of a scaler type body. The HPI Bug body has been discontinued, and even with all the connections that I've developed I've only been able to get hold of 3 NIP bodies. You can find them on ebay occasionally but they get snatched up quick, and if they're for bid, they usually go for $60 to $80.