New 1100kv for the X..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
Just got a box in the mail. And a HW 1100kv motor was inside. With a WFO mount.. A HUGE thanks to @Tunedpipe for the package. With the new motor. I will be sending my 1200kv motor to @WickedFog . Who I know is building a X from scratch. So the will help. Me and help him get his going. Might clean up the WFO mount. Maybe go blue haha 😉🤣😁😁 he'll yeah thanks bud you rock. The the guys here at RCT...👍👍

16597395004827076416036661330515.jpg

16597395341925117172120259673343.jpg

16597395574598434473223805614999.jpg

Good to see you are passing on the savings to another awesome dude. Have fun...

thumbs up.png

That should get her screaming man. Oh, hang onto your Traxxas ESC. Shane had an extra Spektrum 160A new in the box that he is selling me. That should be more than enough for the X since it's for the Kraton.

Just got a box in the mail. And a HW 1100kv motor was inside. With a WFO mount.. A HUGE thanks to @Tunedpipe for the package. With the new motor. I will be sending my 1200kv motor to @WickedFog . Who I know is building a X from scratch. So the will help. Me and help him get his going. Might clean up the WFO mount. Maybe go blue haha 😉🤣😁😁 he'll yeah thanks bud you rock. The the guys here at RCT...👍👍

View attachment 150173

View attachment 150174

View attachment 150175
Which ESC and what gearing are you gonna be running ?

I have a Xmaxx with a 1100kv 5687 with MAX6, unsure on gearing though.

Also, when upgrading Xmaxx power systems, are tires an issue ?

TIA

Been working on the mount this morning. I'm a early bird by all means. Sh*t I'm up before the bird most the time.. she's shines again haha

16597794605021644530349593986034.jpg

16597794860046551556506098571548.jpg

16597795047335636749269383538351.jpg

Which ESC and what gearing are you gonna be running ?

I have a Xmaxx with a 1100kv 5687 with MAX6, unsure on gearing though.

Also, when upgrading Xmaxx power systems, are tires an issue ?

TIA
I hate to be the one to tell you. That 1100kv. Will burn up the max6. It's really only rated for 1/8- 1/6 RC's. And on 8s only rated for a 1200kv motor max.. I'm not a fan of hobby wing for these bigger 1/5 RC's..
Soom in on the spec sheet from hobbywing. You see the motor suggested for the max 6... plus the max line was cutting out on guys. During the middle of their bash session. Joe from "ECOcage". On YT has it happen to him while bashing in his back yard.. on video. There's also a few other on YT with the same problem..I would rather spend a few more $$ and go with castle. They are the best out there. Once you get to these monsters of RC's. 1/5 heavy vehicles and super speed runs..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-055855_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220806-055855_Office.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Been working on the mount this morning. I'm a early bird by all means. Sh*t I'm up before the bird most the time.. she's shines again haha

View attachment 150200

View attachment 150201

View attachment 150202

I hate to be the one to tell you. That 1100kv. Will burn up the max6. It's really only rated for 1/8- 1/6 RC's. And on 8s only rated for a 1200kv motor max.. I'm not a fan of hobby wing for these bigger 1/5 RC's..
Soom in on the spec sheet from hobbywing. You see the motor suggested for the max 6... plus the max line was cutting out on guys. During the middle of their bash session. Joe from "ECOcage". On YT has it happen to him while bashing in his back yard.. on video. There's also a few other on YT with the same problem..I would rather spend a few more $$ and go with castle. They are the best out there. Once you get to these monsters of RC's. 1/5 heavy vehicles and super speed runs..
Okay, isn’t a Xmaxx a 1/6th scale ?

Would MAX5 be an okay choice?

I know the XLX2 has more power, but I have lots of those catch on fire recently.

Edit : I think < 1200kv means below 1200kv ?

Okay, isn’t a Xmaxx a 1/6th scale ?

Would MAX5 be an okay choice?

I know the XLX2 has more power, but I have lots of those catch on fire recently.

Edit : I think < 1200kv means below 1200kv ?
No the Xmaxx is a 1/5 scale 20lb beast. Haha

XLX2 caught fire?? What were you doing speed runs.what was it in? Was it the first model of XLX2??
If so castle as fixed the firmware with a update that can be downloaded from castle.

And no it's max is a 1200kv. Not below 1200kv..

The max 5 would be your better choice. You really want to look for thr weight capacity and handle of the esc. The XLX2 is good for up to 42lbs... hobbywing doesn't even mention what wright's the esc can handle. That's what it really comes down to. When looking at esc..

No the Xmaxx is a 1/5 scale 20lb beast. Haha

XLX2 caught fire?? What were you doing speed runs.what was it in? Was it the first model of XLX2??
If so castle as fixed the firmware with a update that can be downloaded from castle.

And no it's max is a 1200kv. Not below 1200kv..

The max 5 would be your better choice. You really want to look for thr weight capacity and handle of the esc. The XLX2 is good for up to 42lbs... hobbywing doesn't even mention what wright's the esc can handle. That's what it really comes down to. When looking at esc..
Okay.

It might be better to get a 8mm drive shaft. You will have more options when it come to gears. Can run mod 1 or mod 1.5.. and won't have to worry about the crush drive gear mount. Can use just pinon gears for both spur and pinon. 👍👍

It might be better to get a 8mm drive shaft. You will have more options when it come to gears. Can run mod 1 or mod 1.5.. and won't have to worry about the crush drive gear mount. Can use just pinon gears for both spur and pinon. 👍👍
What gearing do you recommend?

I think am gonna try the Max6, if it gets to hot or overload I have other uses for it.

What gearing do you recommend?

I think am gonna try the Max6, if it gets to hot or overload I have other uses for it.
Ooo with the 1100? What are you looking for speed or low toruqe? This is where I got my 8mm gear for the Kraton 8s

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2547041855...kjb_MiBTV6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I would start 24-26t pinon and 28-32t spur. What type of spur gear shaft you running stock? Or did you switch to a 8mm D shaft
Anything is worth trying once
I read alot that guys have put them in the X. But never heard anything about it after that. You might be OK if your not a heavy throttle driver and take it easy

Ooo with the 1100? What are you looking for speed or low toruqe? This is where I got my 8mm gear for the Kraton 8s

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2547041855...kjb_MiBTV6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I would start 24-26t pinon and 28-32t spur. What type of spur gear shaft you running stock? Or did you switch to a 8mm D shaft
Anything is worth trying once
I read alot that guys have put them in the X. But never heard anything about it after that. You might be OK if your not a heavy throttle driver and take it easy
Stock spur.

Speed wise, I’m fine with stock.

Stock spur.

Speed wise, I’m fine with stock.
Ok yeah the speed with the size of the truck is insane its nuts. hahaha

Pick up a 8mm D shaft. And I would start at 25/30. I like to pick up a few of each. In a range so 24-28t pinon. Amd 28-35 spur. And do some runs. To find the sweet spot for your driven style.... I actually email the guys over at WFO. Who make some of the best mod 1.5 gears out there. When the get back to me. I will let you know what they said. But I know the guy Joe runs 25/30 on his X. With the 1100kv. That's why I'm picking up that range of gears to see what works for me
I run 20/50 with my stock motor. Helps with heating. Amd still got speed and tourqe for days
And with the D shaft. It's easier to pick up gears. Because all you need is the 8mm bore. Don't have to worry about the crush drive shaft
Can get one from Bowhouse rc. Or from WFO..

https://wforccustoms.com/collections/wfo-x-maxx-upgrades/products/d-shape-x-maxx-spur-shaft

https://bowhouserc.com/svt-8mm-spur-shaft-for-traxxas-x-maxx/

Ok yeah the speed with the size of the truck is insane its nuts. hahaha

Pick up a 8mm D shaft. And I would start at 25/30. I like to pick up a few of each. In a range so 24-28t pinon. Amd 28-35 spur. And do some runs. To find the sweet spot for your driven style.... I actually email the guys over at WFO. Who make some of the best mod 1.5 gears out there. When the get back to me. I will let you know what they said. But I know the guy Joe runs 25/30 on his X. With the 1100kv. That's why I'm picking up that range of gears to see what works for me
I run 20/50 with my stock motor. Helps with heating. Amd still got speed and tourqe for days
And with the D shaft. It's easier to pick up gears. Because all you need is the 8mm bore. Don't have to worry about the crush drive shaft
Can get one from Bowhouse rc. Or from WFO..

https://wforccustoms.com/collections/wfo-x-maxx-upgrades/products/d-shape-x-maxx-spur-shaft

https://bowhouserc.com/svt-8mm-spur-shaft-for-traxxas-x-maxx/
Okay, cool.

You recommend Mod 1.5 or mod 1 ?

Thanks for the info.

Okay, cool.

You recommend Mod 1.5 or mod 1 ?

Thanks for the info.
The mod 1 gears are fine. The 1.5 gears. Are beefier gears and also are made with the D shap bore. So less chance of the gears spinning loose.. Also thicker and stronger. Also can't run the gear cover on it. So you would be running open gears. I'm ordering the 1.5 gears this week. So I can see how the are. Almost everyone I talk to run the 1.5 gears on the X..

There is one or two guys on ebay that sell a higher profile gear covers, 3d printed.

The mod 1 gears are fine. The 1.5 gears. Are beefier gears and also are made with the D shap bore. So less chance of the gears spinning loose.. Also thicker and stronger. Also can't run the gear cover on it. So you would be running open gears. I'm ordering the 1.5 gears this week. So I can see how the are. Almost everyone I talk to run the 1.5 gears on the X..
Thanks.

So you said I should start a 25/30, Mod 1 or mod 1.5 ?
There is one or two guys on ebay that sell a higher profile gear covers, 3d printed.
Thank you, I will look into that.