Never seen this before

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srusinek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm running my old school rc10gt with an older traxxas pro .15 that was in my tmaxx first gen. Last time out I burned out my glow plug so I replaced it with the usual traxxas glow plug. I'm looking at glow plug while it's running to get a temp with my temp gun and I notice fuel bubbling around the top of the glow plug. I've never seen this before in all of the years I've been running nitro. There seems to be like a black washer that's on top side of the glow plug and the fuel is coming from around there. I tried tightening it up and it was still doing it. The only thing I'm using that I've never used before is the super hot shot warmer. Has anyone seen this before? My temps we're about average 240 to 260 which I expect with a traxxas mill. I'm replacing the engine soon so I'm not too concerned but I thought this was strange.

it happens when the copper washer is worn out or too thin to create a nice seal around the base of the plug

i have had it happen a few times even with some new plugs i have had to reuse a old washer as the new one was on the thin side

It wasn't coming from under the plug. It was coming from on top of the plug where you put the igniter. Literally leaking out the top of the plug.

I have seen that happen once, ironically it was a Traxxas plug, something to do with the actual assembly of the plug itself,...get yourself an os medium plug and never look back

Yeah I will replace it before I run it again. What can be used in it's place since it's a longer plug?

Back