Needle question..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwatty

RC Newbie
Reaction score
ok.. so I have an old OFNA world's GT.. sat for over 16 yrs.. changed all my batteries.. new fuel etc.. runs great on a cold start..nice plume of smoke.. my problem is and always seems to have been.. after its gets hot it wants to die at idle.. it will idle for about 15 seconds then you'll hear it kinda lean it's self out and die.. and it wasn't even at full throttle..used about a 20th of a tank.. not enuf room here to open it up and let it sing.. so it's not like it was overworked.. it was just brought up to normal operating Temps.. thx for any help

If it runs fine at a cold start it's set too lean. Richen your settings and give it a little warm up time before it can run at full performance without stalling.

should I start with the hi or low needle..? and thx for the help

It appears that you have a boost port tube going from under the carb to the rear ,make sure that it dont leak ,or
plug it off to see if it runs better with out it ,normally ,you dont need that!

start at factory settings, then start with high speed needle. get high speed close then work on LSN, then fine tune your HSN if you need too. once the LSN gets set you should rarely have to adjust again unless very large change in running climate.

Back