Need servo help ASAP! HPI MT2 stock servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collegedub

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just put my truck back together after replacing a servo gear that had stripped. When i plugged the servo back in and turned on the electronics it just goes in one direction, hits the stop, and keeps pushing. It is the throttle servo; when I give it gas it reverses the direction and goes full to the other side. As soon as I let go of the trigger the servo returns to the other stop and keeps pushing on it. The trims are centered on the transmitter.

What could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

-Alan

UPDATE: Ok, now i don't know what's going on. Both channels on the receiver cause the servo to act funky. HELP!!!

Last edited:
Well it's not the servo. I switched the channels on the reciever and it did the same thing to the steering servo. What can I check on the receiver? Thanks!

Alan

Well, i've decided it's a bad servo. Something seems to have "gone" on the inside of the servo causing it to just keep spinning in one direction. It just never stops on the center and rights itself.

Thanks for the help ;)

-Alan

Wow! You gave everyone a whole 48 minutes to help!

Sounds like your potentiometer in the servo is either messed up or you got it off centered when you put the new gear in. If it wasn't in the right spot when you put the new gears on, it spins until it gets to the right spot. But, with it out of wack, it may be hitting the stop before it finds home.

I'd fiddle with it some before I gave up on it. Servo's hate me...

Ok, sounds to me like the out drive gear is 90+/- deg out of sink. Pull the top off of the servo and plug it into the rx and power up the RX & TX. Let the servo motor find nutral then put the servo back together, making sure you have the out drive gear positioned in the right direction and centered between the stops on the case.

I was only kidding with the "thanks for the help". I realized it was a minimal amount of time.

Long story short, the servo was stripped. It couldn't find center anymore. Just spun and spun and spun. Good excuse to get a new servo though. Futaba, metal geared (forget the model number). Put'er in and she ran like a champ. Thanks for the thoughts guys!

-Alan

You using the S3305? That's a pretty good servo, but susceptable to water damage... I have a thread about that here somewhere.

Every stinking servo I see has a non-sealed bearing on the output shaft... this lets water in easily regardless how you seal the case of the servo. I think I figured a way around it, but it's mildly long winded, simple, but without photo's would sound retarded.

I'm definitly sure your servo is screwed. I have a Futaba thing in my Kyosho and after some runs through a minor water puddle my servo's went nuts... They don't seem to like liquids :)

Yea, problem is solved. Got a new servo. Thanks guys!

sweet! what kind did you finally decide to get for it ?

Back