Need recomendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_789

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok boys as am I sure you can tell I am a Electric guy.. Well all these fumes from you guys have really been getting to me... Anyway there is a guy that has this truck about 45 minutes away from me check it out and tell me what you think if its worth it.. I hate buying used stuff I mean hate but this looks like a pretty legit deal.. So let me know what you think about the parts are the hop-ups good or cheap so forth.. here is the link So let me know I want to make a decision this weekend. Thanks in advance.. X

the most important thing is get him to send current clear photos,the list is what he has put on it,not necessarily what is still on there.he may have broken parts and used different replacements.
i`d say get one of the new ones and start from scratch if you cannot be sure of the condition of mills etc.

Originally posted by Easy-MAXX
the most important thing is get him to send current clear photos,the list is what he has put on it,not necessarily what is still on there.he may have broken parts and used different replacements.
i`d say get one of the new ones and start from scratch if you cannot be sure of the condition of mills etc.

no man its just a drive down the old highway. I will go look at it in person and verify its all there and have him let me run it.. I just wanted input from you guys if this was all qaulity stuff he says is on it, if its in tip top shape with what he says it has on it is is a deal if the O.S. mill is cool?

I calculated atleast a grand if you include the price of the truck.. So does it look like a good deal and will I be happy with the .12 OS ??? X

you be happier with a .15,especially with all that metal i`d say .21.

So is the os .12 not as powerful as the standard trx15?? Hope that didn't just tick some people off. X

the .12 is ok but it is not really man enough for a metal maxx,you could buy it and replace with a .15 later when needed.
do you want a metal truck?
what will it be used for.

I don't plan on racing a maxx I would just bash with it and things of that nature.. I enjoy my electrics, but I have been thinking about getting into racing all summer but can't decide nitro stadium truck or road car.. I actually think road car cause there are indoor tracks here to race in the winter and racing trucks out side this time of year its over 100 degrees on average.
Anyway the maxx would just be for bashing so I dont care if its metal or not... I actually have all pastic on the E-maxx so that to save wieght and to not make any of the other parts more prone to break. X

if bashing is your game,i`d say buy one of the new ones,it will be cheap to replace parts damaged through bashing,and you will get help from other guys with the same set up as you.if you get this one and break something you will be spending more to keep it running.
photos are better cos if you go and see it you may get carried away and not have time to think.
in the end i can only try and help you,and i shall try,but the choice is yours to make:)

I never would have thought about the current pics. Good one!!!

Just hop in the truck and go check it out. Have him fire it up and drive it for a few. I have seen some pretty awesome .12's runnin on a TMaxx. Even so, you can always upgrade your engine when it cooks.

Best thing - L(.)(.)k, touch and drive :banana:

you must post piccy`s if you do get it though.so we can see your new baby.

if bashing is your game,i`d say buy one of the new ones,it will be cheap to replace parts damaged through bashing,and you will get help from other guys with the same set up as you.if you get this one and break something you will be spending more to keep it running.
photos are better cos if you go and see it you may get carried away and not have time to think.
in the end i can only try and help you,and i shall try,but the choice is yours to make:)
Well I have talked to the guy on antoher board before and I think he is pretty legit when you look at some of the other stuff this guy has he is not some kid. He has some hardcore stuff
Also as far as breaking stuff well I am not so worried about that.. I enjoying wrenching as much as driving. Plus its in my nature to spend money so I would be hopping hop this thing more and more.. I really appriciate all the info Easy and anyone else just chime on in... X

cool choice,i am over cautious with advice if i do not know peoples money and diy ability,as you can buy and fix it ,go for it and have fun:)

Drive it check it out if it is real clean and well taken care of offer him 350, I us an OS .15 but I think a .12 is a little small for a T and you will soon become unhappy with it. Just my opinion. Find out how much fuel has been run through it and double what he says, lol.

some guys never have clear up to date photos of what they want to sell you,when it aws new yes,when it was hopped up yes,current ones are blurred or from along way off;)

some guys never have clear up to date photos of what they want to sell you,when it aws new yes,when it was hopped up yes,current ones are blurred or from along way off

Thats funny I never thought about that till now.

If that site is accurate, and he is selling what is advertised...that is a darn good price. Check it out and who cares if the motor runs...get a new one, a bigger one...go with a Fantom .15...

All of you Fantom nay sayers can kiss my large hairy white arse :p...I have had only one small problem with my Fantom (the pull start spring let go). Fantom replaced the damaged part, and I have been flying with it ever since. As for speed, check the flight recorder images that El Pirate posted. :D The Fantom rocks...OS (can't say, haven't owned one in a truck before). :D

Dude traded the truck a week ago.. Oh well just spent a ton on Hoem audio stuff instead. I guess I will just wait for the savage.. Unless I can find a T-MAxx 1.0 for a heck of deal once the 2.5 hit.. I am hoping there would be some people off loading them but the reality is that the stock has been low all year. Maybe Traxxas did this on purpose to clean out the inventory. X

Back