Need new steering servo for t-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allen5278

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I would like to change the stock steering servo on my t-maxx with a better one which one should i use?

Make sure you get one thats ballbearing with metal gears look at the torque output the stock servo has and you can go with a little more and you should be fine.Avoid crashing into things it will eventually kill any of them!:p: I like futaba just make sure what ever you buy is compatible with your radio.

Before you pull the trigger on that Hobbico servo check out the Savox SC-0251 high torque metal gear servo.

Dimensions(mm): 40.7X19.6X42.4
Weight(g): 61.0
Speed(@4.8V sec/60): .20
Torque(@4.8V oz-in): 180.5
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .18
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 222.2
Gear: Metal
Bearing: 2BB
Case: Plastic

Can be found for about $40 on eBay but check if your LHS carries them first!

Do you need it to be waterproof? As far as i know traxxas is the only people who have waterproof but i dout u need it, just though i might through it out their.

It was a good balance of bang vs. buck for at the time. It is a bit slow but I adjusted my bashing style a bit to accomodate.

i really like my Savox sc 0252! its not as powerful as above stated servo but still works great. another important thing for me is it
fits traxxas horns.

Savox doesn't carry any servos that are o-ring'd for water resistance. I sent them an email to find out after I saw them posted in this thread. Kind of sucks... I'd pay a little more for a better sealed servo.

I got one off of ebay for $34.00 w/shipping. It is a no name brand metal gear/ digital. According to the spec. 208 oz. never turned so well and quick. I feel it was a great deal for those of use trying to keep the hobby and the wife at the same time. :celebrate: