Need new steering servo for stampede 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that makes sense. But you also said the gears get slop in them. My Amazon servos have no slop whatsoever, so I really wouldn't mind spending a little more for them if that is true of the TP. But next time I order, I will grab a TP servo just to see for myself. I think that would be a pretty fun little project for Breydon and I to play around with testing some cheap servos.
Yes, they develop slop after heavy use, but they are not the only one. I have spectrum s652 in Traxxas hoss that also developed slop and definitely affected straight line performance. I have 12 13 packs in infraction with tower pro, and still doesn't affect straight line or performance overall. I have used animos servos but not long enough to judge long term performance.

From my experience with cheap servos under 20$ my favorites are:

1. Towerpro mg958 (cheap only 12$)

2. Power hd 20 or 13kg.

3. TrackStar TS-621MG

4. Amazon servos

I wouldn't install a Spektrum servo in a rig if you gave it to me 😜

The last servo I bought cost me $165 😉

I wouldn't install a Spektrum servo in a rig if you gave it to me 😜

The last servo I bought cost me $165 😉
That's big money, can't afford servo more expensive than power hd b4 for example. Erevo 2.0 bought couple days ago was 200$ and it came with original and brushless Traxxas 2255 100$ servo. It's a good servo but definitely not worth 100$.

I think the only servos I own these days are either Savox, Hitec, Reefs, and Protek with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

what ones the best going to upgrade soon
Hitec is probably the best imo but they are also some of the most expensive ones you can buy. I only own 1 Reefs and I havent used it yet so I have no opinion on it yet. Savox is generally my go to as they are good quality and prices tend to be a little less than Hitec. Protek is good but I feel like they are over priced.

The best servo I own is a Tekin, but dayum it was pricey. I love Hitec and Savox. I have a few Reedy servos that have been great as well, and back in the day they were my goto brand for my Associated buggies.

I use Hitec digital service since I have a Servo programmer by Hitec. I've used them in large scale airplanes for years, why not electric buggies?
Servo City

Last edited:
I think the only servos I own these days are either Savox, Hitec, Reefs, and Protek with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.
I agree. A better servo just gives me better confidence in the machine. I have been using the Reef's (500 Raw). Have them in my Mojave, Ryft and one is going in the Tekno MT410 I'm starting to build.

Back