Need help!

• Thread starter LOSIASSOCIATED#1
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOSIASSOCIATED#1

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys and gals I need a little help:\ I am building a crawler from a Clodbuster its came a long way check pics:),The help I need is what motors should I run,what speed controler should I run,And what gears should I run and steering servoes.The reason I ask for the help is because I am on a very tight budget(layed off):( the reason I building it is to keep from going crazy:p: due to lack of work hear.If I can I would like to find some good used stuff most of the build is from ebay.Can anybody help?:D
Thanks Greg:D
pics http://s150.photobucket.com/THETOYS

ok well being on a strict budget wont be a huge deal, you can just go with some integy or novak 55t motors and they brand new are around $17. you could use a hi tec 645mg servo wich will be around $30 or tower pro 995's wich can be found on ebay for around $15 sometimes. on the esc, are you gonna be running lipo or nimh?

The Novak 55s are actually a bit more expensive than the Integy 55s. You can get the Integy 55s for about $17, but the Novak 55s are $25 - $30. The hitec 645 servo will work well and are fairly cheap too, around $30. The esc is where you can run in to some expense. When I had my super, which is now Slowngreens super I used a Novak Super Duty XR, it was in the area of $180, but you can also use the emaxx esc for two motors which can be found for less, but I am not sure of the cost on those.

CC sidewinder Esc, 35 turn motors are the way to go, the 55 turn motors are toooo slow. Does the rig have adjustable motor mounts ? If it does get a 7 tooth pinion for the front and a 6 pinion tooth for the rear. If you don't your gonna have clod stall big time. For a servo you can go with a tower pro but it want last long I would go with a Hitec 645 or a Jr 650 . Nice rig just lower it down some to help with rollovers and lower your center of gravity.

The Sidewinder will work very well & can be had for about 50.00 used!

Yes sir, most of the Berg rigs I have seen have 1/10 sidewinders in them. Also Greg when you wire the truck go from the Esc to the rear motor first the come off the oppsite side of the rear motor to your front motor this will help with clodstall as well.

The Sidewinder will work very well & can be had for about 50.00 used!

Holmes Hobbies has them on sale brand new right now for 18% off. I just picked one up from him myself for $61 brand new. You can get the castle link too for 18% off while your at it. You just need to use coupon code ESC, all capital letters.

Yes sir, most of the Berg rigs I have seen have 1/10 sidewinders in them. Also Greg when you wire the truck go from the Esc to the rear motor first the come off the oppsite side of the rear motor to your front motor this will help with clodstall as well.

That's cool, I didn't know that. Not that it was an option when I built my super anyway, but it's good to know now. Thanks.

Hey everybody thanks for the info this is what I'm looking at for a ESC,its called a Moped v16r Bravo ESC& for the motors I'm looking at the Team Integy 55t pro.Did you guys and gals hear of www.crawfordperformanceengineering.com they have real good shipping and resonable prices I got my lower linkes,axle braces,from these people they are ok with me.I was looking for used ESC to for my clod. But again thanks for the info .

Mopeds are ok, but I would just save a little more money and get a good speed control so your not spending money twice

:\Ok everybody I'm looking into this Sidewinder and it say brushless and 8 cell I'm running a 4500 pack is this going to be a problem.I'm looking at the right one right?Please let me know.
Thanks Greg:\

:\Ok everybody I'm looking into this Sidewinder and it say brushless and 8 cell I'm running a 4500 pack is this going to be a problem.I'm looking at the right one right?Please let me know.
Thanks Greg:\

It's brushed or brushless it can handle up to 14.4 nicd or nimh. You will need a Castle link to program this esc, but the castle link is a great tool to have because in makes programing easy as pie. If you are going to run front and rear steering servos you will need a Castle creations BEC. You can also fine your BEC with the Castle link.

Last edited:
Hi everybody I wanted to let evrybody know that I won a Novak Roster last night for the clod build I'm doing,also I got my 40 series wheels and moab tires.I got my new shocks aslo so lets say it coming around a little at a time.Servo mount are next then I will be ready to do some climbing I lust want to let everybody know whats going on.
ThanksGreg