Need Help with covering.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzviper1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking for an iron on covering that I can apply directly to foam. I have an old Sig Colt kit that needs the wing covered.

Hello @jazzviper1 , welcome in. I would just run a search in your browser or even amazon. Lots of coverings come up.

I have tried that, none of them register as low temp or foam safe. Last I checked monokote is too high temp for direct foam application.

i havent seen a heat on sheet .i always use fiber glass or glue n crap paper

They used to have econokote which was a light weight low temp covering, surely there must be something similar out there. Fiberglass and paint would be too heavy this is only a .15 sized plane.

I have tried that, none of them register as low temp or foam safe. Last I checked monokote is too high temp for direct foam application.
Awe gotcha, she is a foamy. I would think some kind of mellow filler and then airbrush it.

this goes over on how to cover foam

Awe gotcha, she is a foamy. I would think some kind of mellow filler and then airbrush it.
Sorry it is not a foamy. It is a very old kit it has a foam wing only and it must be covered.
this goes over on how to cover foam
Only problem is it's out of stock in the US and shipping from the UK is $40.
when I'm covering foam wings i use this.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/top-flite-monokote-clear-6-topq0200/p609819
i keep the iron on low heat when covering
Thank you but I need to use white and the temp is higher for opaques.

Back