Need help / Servo Batteries & Carburator

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derick

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Good afternoon gentleman.

I am from South Africa and need a bit of help with my Revo 3.3

How long is the on board, servo batteries ment to last ?
I get about 3 tanks of fuel out of mine before the batteries are flat.

Is that normal or not ?

Do You run Your Revo through mud, water, snow ?
What dop You need to watch out for if it happens.

What is the best way to set up the carburator - servo connection ?
The plastic bracket on myne keeps on losing connection with the little lever on the carburator, the lever that opens and closes the carburator.

If any body can help me with any of the above it will be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
I am guessing that you still have the 4 cell AA pack for your Rx/servos. Sure, it works, but it's the first thing you should upgrade. Go for a 5 cell rechargeable hump pack with 1200 Mah or better. You'll get much longer run time and stronger servo power.

If your already running a rechargable pack, then your charger isn't charging it all the way. I got at least an hour or more of runtime out of mine with the stock 1100mah pack... then again, I ditched reverse and had only one steering servo...

As for the carb, you can loosen the carb cinch bolt and rotate the carb a bit, or loosen the carb arm itself and rotate it a bit. You want both the carb and arm at the right angle to allow for full throttle, but not to pop apart like you have now.

When I had a revo, I had mine setup like this, which allowed me to adjust it a bit easier:
2005-1201-RevoThrottleLinkageHiRes.jpg

Thank You for Your trouble, i'll look in to it tonight.

Did You bend the control arm that runs from the servo to the carburator ?

I think mine is straight and that might make the angle poop.

Thanks again

I bent it a little bit because in stock form, the wire just has a z-bend in it. With the ball end on it, at WOT, the arm was hitting the ball end neck, so I bent the wire a bit so it didn't make contact.

Using a ball end removes excess slop. z-bends cause wear pretty quickly in the plastic they stick through and wear causes slop. Ball ends last a lot longer before slop is noticed.

What did you do to only have one one steering servo??????

What did you do to only have one one steering servo??????

Bought a decent servo, took off the stock servos, installed one servo only, cut the arm off for the second servo so it wouldn't hit anything when bashing. Also made a little plate out of plastic to cover the second servo hole so dirt and junk wouldn't come up through the empty hole.
2007-1020-RevoSteeringLinkage.jpg

Last edited:
Back