Need help on setting carb please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hello I got a xrc baja an old crappy baja I seem to be getting decent top speed but the acceleration sucks . I can't seem to set it up properly . Any one gotta diagram for low and high needle like there is for the nitro cars ?? Also I have a hpi baja 5t that one I have no issus setting it up since when I set it up ( the rare times) I mainly only do a 1/8th turn clockwise or counter clockwise .

Hello I got a xrc baja an old crappy baja I seem to be getting decent top speed but the acceleration sucks . I can't seem to set it up properly . Any one gotta diagram for low and high needle like there is for the nitro cars ?? Also I have a hpi baja 5t that one I have no issus setting it up since when I set it up ( the rare times) I mainly only do a 1/8th turn clockwise or counter clockwise .

Some people like to squeeze every last drop of top end out of their engines ,but the engines can only eccept so
much carb adjustment ,that being said ,it is possible that your H needle setting is too lean an is effecting the
throttle response ,but ,usually the L should be able to be matched with the high!

I dont have specific ajustments ,I tune all of my gas engines by ear ,sorry!

Some people like to squeeze every last drop of top end out of their engines ,but the engines can only eccept so
much carb adjustment ,that being said ,it is possible that your H needle setting is too lean an is effecting the
throttle response ,but ,usually the L should be able to be matched with the high!

I dont have specific ajustments ,I tune all of my gas engines by ear ,sorry!
I'm not trying to squeeze the last drop it's just I have 2 baja ( one hpi n the crappy xrc) they are both 30. Something cc . The hpi is heavier and still flys compared to the xrc acceleration n speed is like 2/3 times better just trying to get the xrc a lil closer to that.

I'm not trying to squeeze the last drop it's just I have 2 baja ( one hpi n the crappy xrc) they are both 30. Something cc . The hpi is heavier and still flys compared to the xrc acceleration n speed is like 2/3 times better just trying to get the xrc a lil closer to that.

Have you tried mimicking the carb sets from the Hpi's carb sets?

FB_IMG_1592926556822.jpg

Another problem you may have is that the Oil mix is too rich. try switching to 32:1 which is better Use a good AMS oil.

Back