Need Help Identifying

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stompy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know almost nothing about 1/8 buggy's... ATM, I own a Traxxas Jato that I've been playing with the past couple years. . No racing, just playing around and replacing what breaks.

My neighbor just offered me this buggy tonight for $100 bucks with everything he's got for it.. Sounds like some extra parts, extra tires.. couple bodies.. Not sure what else. He said that the clutch is seized and needs to be replaced and that's about it.

So is this a good deal? Should I stay away? I'm thinking of joining the local club and I think this could be a decent car but I'm totally clueless.

cars1.jpg

cars2.jpg

cars3.jpg

cars4.jpg

cars5.jpg

cars6.jpg

idk what car that is but the real Q is does the hobby store in town sell parts cause if they dont its a hassle to order every thing but either way 100bucks doesn't seem to bad

That link looks right. Parts should be easy to find. I think it is an alright deal, but maybe someone else can offer some better advice. Depends on the overall condition really.

I did notice the front shocks are upside down. I've never seen that before. Is there a reason for mounting them that way?

Looks like the Ofna you linked.

Shocks should not be run upside down on the front like that. The shock cap and body and easily be damaged.

More than likely the owner had a problem with the shocks leaking around the shaft seals so he turned them over so the oil would not leak out.

I see a lot of ghetto rigging on it, nothing a little TLC can't take care of. If you don't know buggies it could be a nightmare.

Its an mbx I have the same buggy with a ofna 27 motor on it its a lot of fun and parts are easy to get cause ofna has several models with the same chassis check out nitropowerhouse.com or just google ofna blazer sst or ofna violator and it will come up they offer a lot of parts for those hope that helps btw a new ofna buggy rtr is 350 at my lhs in Pensacola,Fl

Back