need help identifying shock manufacturer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought (what I thought was a good deal) on eBay a set of used but great condition shocks for my T-Maxx. Unfortunately, when I received them, I found that the guts of one of the reservoirs was missing completely. And there seems to be no manufacturer id on the shocks. Can someone tell me who would have the parts I need? The missing part I really need is the piston shown in the pic....

Please someone help!

D'mon
=devil
T-Maxx, all others are measured by it's ruler

Attachments

• shock1.jpg
    shock1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 98
Looks to me an awful lot like an Integy shock. Could be wrong, CharliesTheMan will confirm this for certain.

I found out they are from Progressive Suspension, although they do look similar to Integy's version. Integy has a screw in plug though. Unfortunaltely, Progressive Suspension has not sold R/C parts since 2000, so I'm in a bit of a jam. Anyone know a Hobby Store that has this kind of parts?

D'mon
=devil

buy 8 of another brand that look close and then you have 4 of one kind and three of another for spares :)

Looks to me an awful lot like an Integy shock. Could be wrong, CharliesTheMan will confirm this for certain.

Doesn't look like integy to me...But I would be upset if someone sold me something that was broken and didn't tell me about it. Isn't that theft by deception? Either way, I can take pics of my integy shocks if needed.

You need to contact the seller. He did NOT inform you that one of the shocks was useless. You also have the option to contact Ebay if he doesn't do right by you.
The shocks look very much like Integy, but every part they make has their name scribed into it, so it's not theirs.

Definitely Progressive Suspensions EDC shocks. It appears stormer carries a set... for $210. They may have some parts if you root around their site or give them a call.

EDIT:
Looks like you might be able to get a set of 2 from them for $50... not sure if it's still a bargain for you: Progressive Suspension Search

Last edited:
I contacted the seller, he was very apologetic and offered my money back. But I really like these shocks, and the one set I've seen for sale are $200....I did not pay near that much. If nothing else, I'll fab that piston and get it working. But it will be a pain, so would really prefer buying the right part....

Anyone know of someone to try?

D'mon

Thanks everyone for their input. I found a supplier and am set up for my missing cap/piston. Seems like the R/C gods were smiling, came across the same reservoirs under a different name on e
Bay. I contacted the seller, he gave me the manufacturer website. Long story short, I ordered two of them- I'm not taking a chance on being without again!

Thanks again all!

D'mon
=devil

Back