Need help identifying 2 nitro buggys! Please!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandonh36898

RC Newbie
Reaction score
20201004_171107.jpg
20201004_171043.jpg

Hello first post!!!
Well i was into rc's many years ago and well I've got the fever again. I recently bought a storage unit with a whole bunch of bugs and trucks. I actually really want to get something rtr so I've identified a couple t maxx, a revo, electric and nitro rustler. But I am stumped on these 2 buggys, I was told one is a redcat but I can't find one similar.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

The bottom is an Ofna Ultra Lx Comp. Used to have one of those as my first nitro rc. Very reliable and fun to drive, easy to tune. You got yourself a good car. As for the one above, I don't know, probably a mbx or something from Ofna.

The first one looks a bit like a HSP Warhead, but also looks like a RedCat, the gas tank seems to be from another car, it could be a mix of some buggies. It is probably not worth the money.

The bottom is an Ofna Ultra Lx Comp. Used to have one of those as my first nitro rc. Very reliable and fun to drive, easy to tune. You got yourself a good car. As for the one above, I don't know, probably a mbx or something from Ofna.
After some research your correct it is a ofna lx!! I appreciate the help.the other is a redcat I'm just struggling to to get the model.

After some research your correct it is a ofna lx!! I appreciate the help.the other is a redcat I'm just struggling to to get the model.

No problem. As I said the ofna buggies are entry level, however they are a blast! Easy to tune and just super smooth. Hope you enjoy it like I did with mine as my first nitro rc.

View attachment 123508View attachment 123509

Hello first post!!!
Well i was into rc's many years ago and well I've got the fever again. I recently bought a storage unit with a whole bunch of bugs and trucks. I actually really want to get something rtr so I've identified a couple t maxx, a revo, electric and nitro rustler. But I am stumped on these 2 buggys, I was told one is a redcat but I can't find one similar.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
The top one in definitely a redcat tornado or shockwave (they are almost identical) I'm leaning toward tornado because of the front upper a arms. This is a pic of a old project.

Attachments

• 20201011_085957.jpg
    20201011_085957.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 76
A better pic.

Attachments

• 16024218607572798461186994768268.jpg
    16024218607572798461186994768268.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 86
I don't understand anyone who would bling out their redcat that much.
Neither do I!!! I just love building anything rc. Honestly, it was a fun build and that o.s. engine with the 2 speed and gopro was nuts. But despite that it was a pain in the a** to work on when it broke, which it did often. So I stripped off the goodies and now it sits. It may become a dragster. Always wanted to build one.

Back