Need help gearing Arrma Typhon 3s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evildoublez

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a Typhon 3s and I'd like like to improve it's top speed (the box says 50+ but it seems much slower) by replacing the pinion gear. I'm wondering how big I can go (stock everything, 3s battery) without burning up the motor and ESC. Also, are pinion gears interchangeable or do i have to use a Arrma?
Thanks!

Hi, I just bought a Typhon 3s and I'd like like to improve it's top speed (the box says 50+ but it seems much slower) by replacing the pinion gear. I'm wondering how big I can go (stock everything, 3s battery) without burning up the motor and ESC. Also, are pinion gears interchangeable or do i have to use a Arrma?
Thanks!
Think those do have preset slots for pinion sizes, if your temps are well within safe now you can go to the next size up, test and repeat. I dont have one of their 3s line so dont know what they can handle

I have a Typhon 3S but run it stock atm. I know the 20 tooth pinion can run quite hot depending on your conditions. Do you have a way of measuring the tempretures?

The box speed represent the car using the "hi speed" pinion that is usually included, but not recommended for anything but flat street speed runs.

I read that too high a gear can cause overheating. Needs enough air rushing past it to overcome the heat generated from excessive torque. I would get an ESC fan, and a non contact thermometer to keep an eye on things. Please report your findings, so we may learn, Evildoublez

Back