Need help from computer guru

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gutterboy

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When I put a floppy disk in my floppy drive, this comes up

A:\is not accessible
no ID address mark was found on the floppy disk

Now I just installed 2003 microsoft office so I could have word. I have my journals on this disk. I can get them from the work computer but not mine. Need help anyone no how to fix it so I can access my journals here at my house.

I dont know why the smiley is coming up but that should be one dot on top of the other : and a \

1. try another floppy. write to it, format it, see if you can read it etc etc, in other words make sure your A drive is working properly
2.is your computer at work the same OS eg:windows, linux
3. does your work comp automatically encrypt data. office 2k3 may do this by default, i don't know, but if it does you will have to unencrypt the files before saving to your floppy.

hope this helps

Thanks I will try it. I aint no computerwizzz. Hopefully it will work.

The disk you are inserting, does it have info on it or is it blank?
If its blank, is it formated?

Eddy, its not blank. I have about 7 journals and to papers on it.

If a different disk with the same files is used at home and it works, then it was a bad floppy disk, if it still doesn't work then it is something else. Take the same disk, format it, put DIFFERENT TYPES of files on it, if it works, it was the files that weren't recognised. If it still does not work, then you have a bad floppy drive on your hands (given that the operating systems were the same). It is very common on computers more than a few years old. Alot of people including myself know how to change floppy drives (its a DIY project). Troubleshooting comps is wut i do for work.

Back