Need help custom build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to fix and build stuff. This forum has been very patiently helpful especially when I ask dumb questions. 99% of my RC-ing is pre-packaged kits and ready to run stuff. How does one begin with an idea or a speck of info like a single photo and turn this into a viable RC Vehicle? Are there master scratch builders out there who would mentor a total Noob through this forum or via emails ? Being a tad odd myself, I procliveate to oddities like BUCKMINISTER FULLER'S DYMAXION, MESSERSCHMIT KR200, EDGLEY'S OPTICA, ABRAM'S P-1 EXPLORER, the IJN KOTETSU, the TURBINIA, etc. Boats; OK, there are LIVE STEAM model marine engines out there; does anyone offer a high pressure steam turbine engine for model boats ? Right now, my experimental flying RC VIOLIN made of concrete has got problems. It plays Tchaikovsky's Concerto in D reasonably well but gets all squidgy when I try to play anything by Paganini :-( Thank you again to all the GREAT PEOPLE in this forum !
Dude, you just blew my mind. You should cut, paste, and start an entirely new thread (in the lounge) that people who reside in certain states that have legalized the recreational use of a certain herb could tune into, digest, have their own minds blown, and respond. That would be epic, man. I have an amazing Messerschmitt KR200 story. The rest of your inspirations are equally fantastic, especially the Abrams P1. I’m a serious aviation geek, but have never flown in the RC hobby. Just a couple or three 1/1’s. And a beautiful air-cooled Ducati Desmodue. Yes, I’ve flown that as well, conducting numerous low level (strafing) sorties throughout my region, sometimes leading to the consternation of (former) friends and neighbors resulting, occasionally, in the personal consultation of the local constabulary. The air-cooled Ducati L-twins are also a huge inspiration for me, nestled in those delightfully architectural trellis frames. Brilliant.
Let’s talk about this further.
The weed will remain optional, dependent on your area code.

Dude, you just blew my mind. You should cut, paste, and start an entirely new thread (in the lounge) that people who reside in certain states that have legalized the recreational use of a certain herb could tune into, digest, have their own minds blown, and respond. That would be epic, man. I have an amazing Messerschmitt KR200 story. The rest of your inspirations are equally fantastic, especially the Abrams P1. I’m a serious aviation geek, but have never flown in the RC hobby. Just a couple or three 1/1’s. And a beautiful air-cooled Ducati Desmodue. Yes, I’ve flown that as well, conducting numerous low level (strafing) sorties throughout my region, sometimes leading to the consternation of (former) friends and neighbors resulting, occasionally, in the personal consultation of the local constabulary. The air-cooled Ducati L-twins are also a huge inspiration for me, nestled in those delightfully architectural trellis frames. Brilliant.
Let’s talk about this further.
The weed will remain optional, dependent on your area code.
Thank you ! I can only hope that my "galloping weirds" might inspire others to some off-the-wall fun! Flying ? Sat the #2 chair in a CESSNA 152, and a B-25. Got the chance to help a flight Engineer do a bit of fiddling with cowl flaps on a B-17G though.. My imagination is fueled by munching black coffee and drinking fresh, raw garlic. Will keep folks up to date on my projects including a 1/10 body for my SLASH made of uncooked spaghetti and lasagna noodles. Would make for a curious Demolition derby. Afterwards, the bits and parts left could possibly be turned into a meal 🙃

Wow I got to say this is definitely some one off builds. Interested in how they will come out. The 1/10 slash body is a little off. But it's what makes you smile. As long as the clouds are full and your haven fun let it rip. Just don't take it out in the rain...👍👍