Need advice on which basher to buy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor_TK.Extra

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
What is a good cheap fast and durable mini badger for the forest and jumps?

I'm with TNT on that one. What do you mean by "Badger?" The only Badger I am aware of is a brand that makes paint accessories for the RC word. If you are referring to an RC vehicle, that would depend on if you are looking at gas or electric and what scale.

If basher is what you meant, I would go traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL. Pretty tough, fast, and replacement/aftermarket parts are plentiful but cheap it is not. I myself am not a big traxxas fan but given your parameters I would put this at the top of my considerations. Actually, after saving a few extra dollars, I wouldn't consider anything else but I am only an opinion. Good times await...

Last edited:
If basher is what you meant, I would go traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL. Pretty tough, fast, and replacement/aftermarket parts are plentiful but cheap it is not. I myself am not a big traxxas fan but given your parameters I would put this at the top of my considerations. Actually, after saving a few extra dollars, I wouldn't consider anything else but I am only an opinion. Good times await...
Ok thanks for your reply that is a bit too expensive I already have a nitro I’m just looking for a cheap one but fast and semi durable do you have any suggestions

Then I would recommend the 1/16 E-Revo brush motor version or the Kyosho Fazer Rage 2.0. Any less than that, you're looking at a 2wd.

Then I would recommend the 1/16 E-Revo brush motor version or the Kyosho Fazer Rage 2.0. Any less than that, you're looking at a 2wd.
Ok what are some cheap cars like around £50

go on Ebay, type in RC car, type in your max amount of money you are willing to pay, and sort by High Price to Low Price. You will find something. More likely, it will be made by Tyco or New Bright. You won't find anything fast or hobby quality.

63$ not gonna find a hobby grade rc might find a toy grade use n throw away..

You can get a few Stompers and run them around. Those were a blast to play with. TNT... Remember those?

bought an eBay "toy". $67 about May 1, 3 runs, burnt out the plastic gears, nothing serious, chasing the dog around the back yard. still waiting for replacements.

Can get a wltoy 12428..run about 75 to 100$ Bottom line hobby grade, can hop it up to metal gears and brushless motor and pretty much anything if you can wait for parts from china( can find some parts from US through ebay sometimes). Fast for a cheap car, does 30 as is with brushed motor. If you order it might wanna get the metal gear servo upgrade with it, its 15bucks extra but the plastic gear servo it comes with can be an issue. Atleast get a servo saver.