My Truggie choices opinions welcome

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justagamer76

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Ok I have limited my choices down to 3 different truggies based on my being able to afford them, design parts avalability and the ability to be competitive on the track.
My first choice Is OFNA/Jammin X2. I like the overall of this ride and the avalability of parts. The only down side is EVERYONE has it.
Second choice is OFNA Mutilator. I really like this ride and the price. BUT I seem to have trouble finding parts other then OFNA them selves.
My last choice is CEN Matrix TR. I like the price but again not alot of avalability of parts being a newer brand.
I am personally looking for something to be competitive at the track with the avalibity of parts and price. I am steering away from HPI as I have owned several and it seems they more they try to improve the more I see other cars/trucks and less preformance in them. Losi is also nice to those who can afford them. So these are my picks hopefully someone can help shed some light on these rides because I'm ready to dump my HPI and move on the better things. Thanks again for all suggestions and help

love the jammin and mutilator. great truggys

The X2 is the best of your 3 choices. The others are not in the same league.
Parts are cheap for them on E-Bay.
Do not get the CEN, they are very weak and the factory over tightens and loc-tites the screws.
You can't beat the Jammin X2 for affordabilty and performance. They rarely break. Very tough. The drivetrain lasts a long time because they use universals instead of CVD's.

Thansk again Scrogg. So whats the diff between Jammin and and Mutilator? And where would be the best place to pick this up? I want to make sure I go to the best place no matter where in the US i go. Thanks again.

www.towerhobbies.com Sign up for their Super Saver club and wait for the discounts.
You'll get the truck cheap and with free shipping.
www.amainhobbies.com or www.carolinasrc.com are good places too. They offer great deals sometimes with free shipping.
Carolina's R/C is the fastest shipping and processing.
The mutilator is too short and too narrow and the engine is not race legal. It's a basher truggy, not a racer. the engine is mounted too far back on the chassis....It's just a really old design.
The handling is no comparison.
Then as parts wear out and break, upgrade to the pro kit parts from E-Bay for dirt cheap.

go for the x2, really durable and handles well. My friend had a mutilator, nothing but problems.

Ok ok you all have twisted my arm. I am getting the X2.I have studied almost all day have yet to see any serious compl,aints and negative factors but still I would have to trust all of you for first hand expieriance. I gues after xmas is over and I sell my MT2 Ill be in the market for one. I can't thank you guys enough for the help. I think I'm going to go with the RTR kit then hop it up accordingly. That way by the time spring hits and the offroad racks open up I will be familar with my new ride and not bust up (if possible) higher dollar hop ups. I know to try and steer away from RTRs i nthe racing biz but it will give me time to set it up to my liking and get use to it then add where I see fit. So if anyone knows where to ghet the RTR kits let me know...I see a few on Ebay but I would rather buy from a reputable hobby shop if at all posible first. Thanks again to all for the help and you all will be the first to know when I get it. besides who else will I have help me tune it and set it up :). Thanks again.

Good choice...the Jammin is rock solid and will run with anything that is out there. I have the X1 and it is STILL a good truggy. Not for comp anymore but....they never really break.

Back