my Traxxas Xmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrockDiesel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
This is my Xmaxx " BIG RED"
mods :
-Hobbywing max 5 esc with 800kv motor
-Savox 2290 waterproof servo
-Gpm servo bracket
-Gpm skid plates front/rear
-Traxxas Xmaxx HD Red arms
-Rpm roof skids
-Rpm threaded hinge pins front/rear
-Rpm oversized bearings with axel carriers
-Rpm Xmaxx body savers
-Fast Eddy bearings
-Wfo Esc plate
-Wfo receiver box
-Wfo hobbywing switch mount
-Wfo max 5 fan shroud
-Wfo is a 40mm Dual fan motor shroud
-Wfo large motor mount
-Wfo mod 1.5 d bore gears 30/35
-Wfo battery strap kit
-Wfo drive cups
-Wfo racing Tbone racing wheelie bar upgraded wheels and bearings
-Tbone racing wheelie bar
-Proline mx 43 badlands
-Proline Trenchers
-Custom shock covers waterproof velcro shock covers with my YouTube logo
20210505_171959-01.jpeg
20210526_121934-01.jpeg
20210401_194546-01.jpeg
20210526_121934-01.jpeg
20210505_194133-01.jpeg
20210505_171959-01.jpeg
20210526_121934-01.jpeg
20210401_194546-01.jpeg
20210528_112758-01.jpeg
20210526_121934-01.jpeg
20210526_121934-01.jpeg

Attachments

• 20210322_153445-01.jpeg
    20210322_153445-01.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 277
mods :
-Gpm servo bracket
-Rpm roof skids
-Rpm Xmaxx body savers
-Fast Eddy bearings
-Wfo Esc plate
-Wfo receiver box
-Wfo max 5 fan shroud
-Wfo large motor mount
-Wfo battery strap kit
-Wfo drive cups
-Proline mx 43 badlands
-Proline Trenchers
-Custom shock covers waterproof velcro shock covers with my YouTube logo View attachment 128899View attachment 128900View attachment 128901View attachment 128902View attachment 128903View attachment 128899View attachment 128900View attachment 128901View attachment 128904View attachment 128902View attachment 128902
Thats one BAD A** Xmaxx sir. Nice job. Awesome bodies. Got one my self still working on the customization of it. I love the truck the X is such a beast.

mods :
-Gpm servo bracket
-Rpm roof skids
-Rpm Xmaxx body savers
-Fast Eddy bearings
-Wfo Esc plate
-Wfo receiver box
-Wfo max 5 fan shroud
-Wfo large motor mount
-Wfo battery strap kit
-Wfo drive cups
-Proline mx 43 badlands
-Proline Trenchers
-Custom shock covers waterproof velcro shock covers with my YouTube logo View attachment 128899View attachment 128900View attachment 128901View attachment 128902View attachment 128903View attachment 128899View attachment 128900View attachment 128901View attachment 128904View attachment 128902View attachment 128902
How do you like the new traxxas HD arms? Think better or stronger then the RPM's? I know the price is better lol

they are stronger... 💯 💪🏾 best arm option for xmaxx
Fantastic!! thanks for the input. Going to order a set as soon as I can get the blue ones. Glad I didn't go with the RPM and waited

Fantastic!! thanks for the input. Going to order a set as soon as I can get the blue ones. Glad I didn't go with the RPM and waited they are hard tog et so if u find a set in stock don't wait... I waited almost a month for my red hd arms to come in off backorder 👌🏾

And that is my problem. Everywhere I've looked the blue ones are back ordered. Because everyone keeps launching them to the moon and back again. lol

I've heard around that those Proline wheels and tires make breaking a lot more common because of their weight is it true? if so I'm definitely not getting them traction < durability

It all comes down to what your useing them for. Anything will break when you launch your truck 30-40' in the air and have hard landings. They do have good traction in dirt/sand. And what type of tier are you asking about from Proline. And what RC are you looking to put them on? And driving condition on road/ off-road?

I've heard around that those Proline wheels and tires make breaking a lot more common because of their weight is it true? if so I'm definitely not getting them traction < durability best way to explain... I own both sets... so the proline trenchers are very very heavy... the only reason to get these are if you're a big sender and want the best rotation for flips... these give incredible rotation because they balloon and are designed for it... they are very durable will last a lifetime.. incredible tread pattern but you must have a high rated servo.. I use the savox 2290 with bec turned up all the way and these tires are still very heavy... also own the proline badlands mx 43 which are not as heavy but these tires are for the grip... if u like getting power down these are the wheels and tires for it... they will not balloon.. even with 800kv pinned barely... they are not good for big sends... will cause breakage with the arrma 8s arms which are already glass these just make it worse... but to be fair are hard on any arms when jumping over 15 - 20 feet... they will destroy whatever eearth you run them own lol will look like dirt bikes been running shredding the earth... so kinda pick ya poison... if u running big block systems the badlands are a must tbh due to the only tires that will hold up... duratrax and other brands foam blows out and tires rip I've owned every pair u can buy... they are expensive but not when u think about its a lifetime set of tires... hope that helps sorry for writing a book but don't wanna mislead anyone and I'm passionate about the hobby 🍻 any other questions lmk 👌🏾

Never to much info man. More the better. IMO good review thanks for the brake down.

Never to much info man. More the better. IMO good review thanks for the brake down.
🍻 also proline has some masher x belted tires suppose to be equal to weight of stock 8s tires about to drop for 94 bucks for 2

🍻 also proline has some masher x belted tires suppose to be equal to weight of stock 8s tires about to drop for 94 bucks for 2
So basically the same price as the pros are. Good to know I haven't really had any problems with the stock tiers on my X yet. Finger 🤞

So basically the same price as the pros are. Good to know I haven't really had any problems with the stock tiers on my X yet. Finger 🤞
long as u running stock motor you're good... if u ever go 1100kv - 800kv then it's almost no choice or you will dump a lot of money in tires if u don't get the pros

long as u running stock motor you're good... if u ever go 1100kv - 800kv then it's almost no choice or you will dump a lot of money in tires if u don't get the pros
what about those Powerhobby belted tires I've heard good things about em also cheap