My Scaler Project... Jeep Tuber ...(Update 5-1-14)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks even better in person... :) After stopping by to visit, & seeing that tube chassis, I was definitely impressed with NC's work... I think I got the bug to construct one of my own now.. Great job bro...

Thanks for the compliments!

ImBroken, you definately need to, I'm gonna need someone to run with. I found some sweet trails to run on. I'll be happy to help you out with any thing you need.

That thing looks AWESOME, brother! Hey, if you want it powder coated, send it my way! I've got a power coating tool that works great! Just tell me what color and consider it DONE!

Least I can do for the sweet SpongeBob lid you did for me!

Very nice work!!!

I am a sucker for a Jeep!!!

Keep it coming!!

That thing looks AWESOME, brother! Hey, if you want it powder coated, send it my way! I've got a power coating tool that works great! Just tell me what color and consider it DONE!

Least I can do for the sweet SpongeBob lid you did for me!

Thanks Monkey, I may just take you up on that when I finish it.

Very nice work!!!

I am a sucker for a Jeep!!!

Keep it coming!!

You sure? The images are rather small :D Just messin with ya man, thanks for the compliment, I am a sucker for Jeeps too, I really miss my 90 Wrangler.

Man NC... is there anything you can't do? I mean you really have some talent. Then there is me... who can't even build a ball diff right! LOL Looking really sweet my friend.

Tom

Very, very nice piece of work. Also, your flame paint is seriously impressive.

I second that...GOOD JOB on the painting, its gonna look awesome with that frame!!! very nice.:preachin:

Birthday gift from my sons...

Since I decided to do a full interior on my scale project, my sons (with a little help from my wife, lol) got me a couple Recaro racing seats for it for my birthday. These look bad ass! I love them. I will be making the floor, and interior fire wall from styrene scale diamond plate, the cardboard is just to mock it up and get the size I will need, also so I can figure out how much lower the bottom motor/tranny section will need to be to clear the floor. I will also be making a dash and center console for it as well.

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

dude that is gonna be just sick!!! I can not wait to see the finished product!!! making me want to build one too!!! I want to build a crawler, but I am trying to get better at the tuning thing first :D

this thing is looking SWEET! u definitely have mad skills. i struggle trying to tie a knot. haha

Those seats kick ass!

This will be a sweet rig.

Sweet man... this rig is going to be awesome!! I can't wait to see the finished project.

Dude, that is looking sweet. But it's still not an excuse to put a Barbie doll on an R/C; even if you do have a G-I-Joe in the drivers' seat.

Vader couldn't have said it better..."The Force is strong in you young Skywalker"

That is really going to be an amazing crawler!

2211773emo-update.gif

Ok, it's been a while since I updated this thread.

I got the front and rear upper link mounts and shock mounts welded to the chassis

rearshockmounts.jpg

FrontShockMounts.jpg

They were still rough when I took these pics, you can see in the pic of the front link mounts on the inside where I started grinding them down. I have no less than 5 hours in just cleaning up all the welds from the link mounts.

I decided I wanted to go with the no doors look, so I cut the doors off the body, but did not like how the chassis looked at all with the bars crossing right across the door openings.

SideTubes2bRemoved2.jpg

SideTubes2bRemovedNaked.jpg

Out came the dremel and using a diamond cut off disk, off came the bars across the doors.

SideTubesRemovedNaked2.jpg

SidesTubesRemoved2.jpg

At this point I have all the welds cleaned up and added the lower tranny mounting location, not yet shown in the pics. A few more pieces of rod for the sides, as well as the lower link mounts and the chassis will be about done.

Man that looks killer!!!! keep the pics comming....

NC.. man that Jeep is just sick my friend! Really looking great. I can hardly wait to see the finished product. Keep up the great work my friend.

Tom

A really beautiful piece of work, NC. I look forward to your updates. That Ruby will do you proud when it's up and running.

Thanks guys!

You know what, this is the most enjoyable build I have done in a long time. Designing it and building it all from raw materials has been awesome. Some nights I'll sit down in the basement and get nothing at all done to it, try this, try that but nothing seems to look right, or go together how I want it to. Other nights I just get it on cruise control and everything falls in to place. I really can't wait to get the running gear for it.

I still haven't decided if I want to go with Wheely king axles and a RC4WD R2 Tranny, or maybe use an axial crawler axles and tranny for it. But now that I am getting close to finishing up the chassis itself I better decide which way I want to go with it, lol. I want to test run it before I get it powder coated just in case I need to make any changes at all to the chassis.

Back