My Scaler Project... Jeep Tuber ...(Update 5-1-14)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do need to do an update. All I really have left to finish is the welding and powder coating of the front and rear bumpers, add the winch plate and winch, and finish some small interior details. There's a few things I am not 100% happy with, but with no cash to change them I'll just have to deal with them for the time being. I'll try and get some pics update here soon.

Anyone got any scale powertank decals? I could really use some :D

ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU GET OUTA WHAT YOU PUT INTO AND YOU GOT IT BUDDY GREAT BUILD can't WAIT TO SEE IT IN ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!:first_place:

it looks sweet. leave the 2.2s under it so it looks like its lifted. It looks sweet already. nice work

The 2.2s are definitely staying. I recently had Joe from East End Machining, who made me the wheels originally, make me a set of black rock rings for them, they look even more bad ass now!

WOW, I just read this thread from beginning to end, thanks for bumping it so I would see it. That's simply amazing NCNitro, just ridiculous attention to detail. Hands down one of the most awesome RC projects I've ever seen anywhere, and I agree, it needs to be in an RC mag for sure.

The 2.2s are definitely staying. I recently had Joe from East End Machining, who made me the wheels originally, make me a set of black rock rings for them, they look even more bad ass now!

Wheres the pics, I want to see!!!

Well, it's kind of apart right now. I took all the interior out to do some detail work. I'm not real crazy about the dash board, it will do for now, but I will be making a replacement for that. I have also been working on making some cloth 5 point harnesses for the Recaro seats, the plastic ones just look like crap, but I can't figure out what to use for buckles, yet. :D I still need to get the front and rear bumpers welded together too so I can get them powder coated. Ok, I am beginning to think that this thing will never be done. :seeing_stars:

I personally would look at some 1.9's if it were me. The Rok Lox are really tall and would be killer on it imo plus they are an awesome compound that actually perform great on rocks and dirt.

Also have you brazed any of it? I got my MAPP gas at home depot with tip for like $12 or something, it was cheap. Then got some Safety Silv 45 from a WTB add for like $15 for a small roll of it and it works awesome and produces very strong joints.

Yeah, but I got those bad ass one off 2.2s that JoeP made me, plus he just made me some black rings for them too which really made them look killer. And since the HPI Jeep is a 1/8th, the 2.2 does not look bad at all on it.

Oh yeah my bad. They come in 2.2 also and sit at 5.35 OD.

Idea on that buckle for the harness my wife makes jewelery find a nearby craft store that sells jewelry making supplies look at the clasps for bracelets and necklesses i think those might work out for you! good luck:D

I am getting close to finishing it up. Still haven't been able to get to my buddies shop to weld up my front and rear bumpers, but here's how it sits at the moment.

2011blizzard084.jpg

2011blizzard092.jpg

2011blizzard088.jpg

Damn Joe that looks GOOD. I am digging that for sure. Scared to ask what the price tag is up to now though..lol

Thanks Joey. I'm scared to add it up myself, lol. The hours I have in this thing is completely insane though, and I still have quite a bit of time left needed to put in it before I can call it finished, although it will never be truly finished. I think once I get it where I can call it done, I may start building my own hard body for it. :D

Wow thats very impressive, I need to get a scaler project going soon but shes looking good

Back