My Overkill Voltage Project (chronologically, and now in video form!)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kage

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Bashers

I picked up an Arrma Voltage in October of 2020 after a long hiatus from the hobby. I was tired of pandemic gardening, especially since I have the most frustrating of thumbs in which my seeds will grow, giving me a false confidence. Then, begin the slow, drawn out process of browning and eventually becoming debris (which now ends up in the tubs of my bashers). After months of this cycle, I stumbled across some videos on youtube while trying to keep my daughter entertained and she started having a blast watching people jump trucks off of skate ramps, she especially enjoyed when they crash.

I decided to pick up something inexpensive that I could demolish for her amusement. I did some research, and like many many many people I end up looking at the Voltage. I picked one up and quickly remembered how addicting the hobby can be. I re-caught the bug. The last time I had a hobby-grade car was probably 99, or 2000. The cars has progressed so much, especially batteries. I decided to look for some hop-up parts, as one does. And thus begins the build of my way-too-expensive, overkill, voltage.

Stage one.
I just wanted to tinker. So I swapped to a 12t motor and upped the pinion and mashed in a couple fans.

Stage two.
The tinkering hit overdrive and now I want to see how far I can push a starter vehicle.

Motor Set Backs.

Stage three
Commitment to quality components
Bumper -
ESC & Motor -

Stage four
Issues resolved and maiden run on fully functional 2s Spektrum brushless system

Since build threads like photos, not just shameless youtube links. Here's a some photos of the truck along the way.

PXL_20201115_022208074.jpg

PXL_20201114_231045486.jpg

PXL_20201121_000402384.jpg

PXL_20201121_000244398.jpg

PXL_20201115_022327104.jpg

PXL_20201129_174646893.jpg

PXL_20210205_224851977.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210205_224523582.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210205_224640663.PORTRAIT.jpg

And finally, just because I think its cool
voltage-hero.png

Thanks for taking the time to look.
I truly do appreciate it!

stinks your garden always failed.Sounds to me the plants are getting to much sun.put a shade up in meddle of garden to block high noon sun see what happens. have you had your soil tested?.Had flower box garden to a 60' x 60' that gave select veggies to like 20 people.

stinks your garden always failed.Sounds to me the plants are getting to much sun.put a shade up in meddle of garden to block high noon sun see what happens. have you had your soil tested?.Had flower box garden to a 60' x 60' that gave select veggies to like 20 people.
I love this.

Not to hijack my own build thread, but honestly I'm not totally sure what the problem is. I have done soil tests and brought in some top soil mix to correct the mostly sand layer I have on top. I think I'm just destined for a desert garden in florida ?

You might want to try and elevated garden and start with peat moss or planting soil . that might mean a travel up north. not sure what your local green houses have on hand.. also make some kinda shade for high noon sun.

You might want to try and elevated garden and start with peat moss or planting soil . that might mean a travel up north. not sure what your local green houses have on hand.. also make some kinda shade for high noon sun.

Those are avaliable in florida. What are we growing? If you get bagged soil, wood and ground up matter may effect it.
For example, tomatoes I think it was, dont like too much acid, so some mulch may harm it, especially oak.

The seed may also be an issue. Very hard to find trusting seed!

Back