my ongoing micro rs4 540 conversion project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gta18

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my ongoing micro rs4 540 simple conversion project

just tried to convert my micro to a 540, just to test it out. but am having a bit of a problem in making the pinion reach the spur. my motor pod is very thin already... any suggestions? thnx
arnold

Attachments

• noggy.jpg
    noggy.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
That thing is gonna be superbad! Gonna smoke the tires litterally. I like it.

ok. i'll use my digital cam. when i finish it. i used my 3650 for the quick pic. :) right now am havin problems with my esc cr230 futaba. cause it doesn't want to reverse. and am still w8ng for the engine mount to arrive that i ordered from www.aktionrc.com

here's the better pics....still without the engine mount.... any comments and suggestions are most welcome. :)

Attachments

• 540.zip
    485.3 KB · Views: 185
Now that is awesome... talk about some power for a micro...

I can only imagine how fast that is gona be.

what do you think its gona do to the weight distrabution though? and what woul dyou have to run for cells now?

I have to applaud you, looks like a great project. I once got a BOSS remotecontrol car for christmas, came with some cologne I think.

Not meant really as a real, just kinda of a gimme with the cologne. It was a porsche about 2 inches shortr than my buggy. I thnk it took 6 aa's and had a tiny motor. It had some decnt tires and was really low profile.

One day I was bored. (thats how it always starts) Anyhow I slapped in one of my buggy motors, I used a hot x-acto and carved out the battery tray to take an old 7.2 I wired it in.

It ended up being one of the fuinnest out of my rc collection. It wa fast, screaming fast and I slidding all over. I think it ended up in a box somewhere. Anywas if it handles anything like that (probably going to be hella better) you'll love it.

Props to taking on something out of the norm, keep us posted eh?

The weight distribution is almost at about 2/3's from the back of the car. I'm using the 6 pack orion 1500mah. But I haven't run it yet cause I still don't have the carbon fiber motor mount that I ordered for it.

I tried running it while holding the motor into the car (off ground), the 540 makes the tires balloon like what happens with the nitro trucks.

my setup is

spur = stock hpi
pinion = 30t 48p ($4)***
motor = venom 19t double ($17) ***
esc = futaba mc230
upper deck = stock (but udjusted to make the motor fit)
motor pod = dremeled (to make the pinion reach the spur)
chassis = carbon fiber

no shock mounting yet. Am still thinking on how to make my own.... :)

*** only thing I bought to make this conversion, and some add'l washers, spacers and screws from home depot.