my new XTM Mammoth ST

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya Guys :) . I know it's been awhile but for the last several years I put my ground vehicles on the back burner and focused mainly on my fast electric offshore boats instead. The rc boating around here has come to a standstill and I got tired of running by myself so I let them go and picked things up with 3 new 8th scale rigs, of which this is one of them.

I had a really nice Mammoth ST with several nice upgrades like 4mm aluminum shock Towers chassis braces a reverse kit and a few other things, but I've been kicking myself in the proverbial but ever since I made the mistake of letting that go several years ago and I've been looking for another one to replace it ever since. We'll, as luck would have it this one popped up on my local Craigslist so I went over to check it out and ended up bringing it home for $75 because I thought the 24/7 motor was toast & would soon need replaced. Imagine my surprise when I put fresh fuel in it Andy hot igniter on it and she fired right up at the first pull of the starter and she's still purring like a kitten a dozen-plus tanks of fuel later.

IMG_20161014_171933.jpg IMG_20161014_172004.jpg DSCN3811.JPG DSCN3809.JPG

Was a pretty simple rig. I had one many years ago. Tough to find any parts for it now though. The only real issues I had were with the diffs and two speed. Keep an eye on your mesh.

I don't bash this or the mega monster truck because the closest XTM dealer to me is a little over 2 hours away and I don't feel like running okay over there so when I run these I just take it easy and enjoy them. I do have some spare a arms and a few other miscellaneous parts for each one of these and whenever I find a decent deal on them through eBay or what not I pick them up just to add to my parts box in case I need them later on

I don't bash this or the mega monster truck because the closest XTM dealer to me is a little over 2 hours away and I don't feel like running okay over there so when I run these I just take it easy and enjoy them. I do have some spare a arms and a few other miscellaneous parts for each one of these and whenever I find a decent deal on them through eBay or what not I pick them up just to add to my parts box in case I need them later on
Its even hard to find parts now on line for those ,I run the 290cc Xtm fuel tank on my Mgt.,an
if it breaks ,I need to find another!

I guess I got lucky with this one because I still have a few parts that I bought for the mammoth st I had about 6 years ago that I found in a box of parts that I had kicking around. This is the polymer Chelsea Stadium truggy but it also came with a blue aluminum mammoth m/t chassis with a fair number of spare parts on it like a-arms, shock towers, spur gears, granny, dogbones & linkages, so I was happy when he said he'd throw it in for free when I bought the ST.

I'd almost be tempted to swap chassis's out, View attachment 18478 View attachment 18479 but I really don't see any advantage in doing so when I've already got my LST and MMT. if I did swap them out and I turned the m/t into a truggy, I'd basically have the same thing as the Duratraxx Raze truggy I had.

IMG_20161016_155259.jpg IMG_20161016_155314.jpg

Yep, we do. Bros rc hobby in Homedale, ID. It's Guy's place & although he's pretty cool he's also 2 hours from my place here in Meridian. he gets all his parts from Hobby People but if I need anything I order from them even though he has a really nice outdoor track right next to the shop, it's just not worth going all the way out there.

There's a lot to be said for supporting your local tracks and hobby shops! It's great to read your devotion! Totally understand a 4 hour round trip to cause hesitation and planning like you're planning a vacation!!!
I get what you're saying about the chassis swap out... The only thing I'll throw in there is... The MT chassis/kit... Is FREAKING KILLER BAD ASS!!! I kind of took a vacation from rc so I know how I missed out on ever buying the kit but I have seen a couple of resto-fications on these trucks posted up here in these forums. Whether they were restored or modified, they were just awesome! They have a feel that resembles a 1:1 MT. They were ahead of their time as far as the scale builds that are so popular today. It's your rig, build it as you see fit... Just know you've got 1 vote for the MT!
Whatever you chose, start a thread with pics etc!!! I love watching the builds ppl do!
Good luck with your build!!!
Welcome back to dirt, mud, pavement, etc...
:thumbs-up:

Back