My new Jeep!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking Jeep SMaxxin. Looking through this scale forum kinda makes me think I want to build one. Won't be anytime soon though, my plate's too full of projects now.

Building a scale rig is one of the best things I've ever done.

Thanks for the compliments guys :cheers:

Isn't that Wyoming's zebra Jeep lid? I always liked that body.

Yep, it was for Wyoming! I always liked it too the only problem is everyone knows it and who it belonged to. It might get a new look later on but first I have to scratch some change together to get it rolling.

Yeah, definitely a recognizable lid, but I really like it.

I recently picked up another Jeep body too for a future project. I am working with a guy who will be making me a scale YJ chassis. We plan to make it as close as possible to the look of a real one, using some 1:1 YJ chassis diagrams I have, as well as my 1:1 for reference.

I recently picked up another Jeep body too for a future project. I am working with a guy who will be making me a scale YJ chassis. We plan to make it as close as possible to the look of a real one, using some 1:1 YJ chassis diagrams I have, as well as my 1:1 for reference.

That should be a killer build! The Tamiya kit looks good but the tub chassis just kills it. I'm a little short on funds until my wife gets back to work so I have been eye balling an old wheely king as a donor for the zebra. With those wide axles I'll have to go for a crawler or mud bogger look.....I have also been looking at the SCX chassis and having silly thoughts about cutting it to fit the Jeep body :ponder2:

I have seen one put on a cut SCX chassis, it actually looked really good.

It will be a while before the custom chassis will be ready, but I am in no rush, I have a few other projects that need finishing anyway. :hehe: But when the opportunity came up to pick up another YJ body I had to jump on it.

I finally got around to installing the lights on it, then had to have a little night run.

Jeep-lights-1.gif

Jeep-tail.gif

night-run-2.jpg

night-run.jpg

tail-lights-1.gif

Nice job! They look almost too good. Not enough dirt/mud on them.

Thanks guys, with all of this heat running at night is nice!

Hamz it's so dry around here I would have to make some mud.....I know what your thinking but my wife got mad at me the last time I did that:argue:

Definatly looks great with the new lights! Nice job Smaxxin.