My new cold air intake I made!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roindaouse

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Check it out in my gallery. I took the instructions off of this sight and modified them and made a air intake. What do you guys think. I drove the crap out of it and the thing wont come loose. I think the bracket really does a good job. I fashioned the bracket to fit in line with the tranny. It is plastic. I am going to have a metal guy re-make the bracket in aluminum.

I was checkin that out the other day i think yesterday and i saw it and was thinking aboout making one myself.

Nice dude, @ the least I seriously applaud your creativity. In theory you'd want the tube even futher away from the carb to get the most dense "cold" air possible. It looks like your setup is less likely to have problems with the intake tube poping off and your engine getting hosed from dirt getting in the carb:moped: As for intakes in general, I'm gonna try one on the drag race maxx if I ever get it built but I doubt it will doing anything but look pretty from my experience now with various intakes on even the biggest and badest nitro engines.

Peace

Mine is kind of like that, but not quite as long. I just used wire and bent/bolted to the end of the filter and the trans case.

1493T-Maxx_-_throttle_servo_plate_2.jpg

Yes but you (olds) do need your air filter cleaned.

ro, nice lookin' customized intake. Have you run it yet? Can you tell any difference in performance. If not, it at least looks good.

Later...:trashed:

I have already run it and it definately sounds different. It seems to have less hesitation. One thing is for sure, for some reason it dropped almost 10 degrees off of my engine temp.

yeah, yeah... clean shmean... it's to cold here to drive anyway. It's been in dry dock for about 3 weeks. I've been working on everything else. Will take care of it.

That was from before i added the longer extension to it. It was righ over the spur, which flipped all the oil i had on it onto the filter. The other side is spotless.

thats an awsome setup oh yeah is that a venom speed-O- meter
how well does it work and whats your top speed??

Top speed I have had it to is about 50mph, but I have taller gears, regeared diffs and huge tires. 50 mph was really pushing it though. It just runs winds out to high with only a 2 speed trans. Until they make a good 3 speed, I wont be able to go any faster. My next dual big block conversion will get to 50 mph alot faster but thats about it. The speed meter is pretty accurate, give or take a mile!

Hey guys where are those instructions you where talking bout??

Back