my new AX-4 wont bind?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we tried my man. Furitek is expensive but so worth it.

If you get a Furitek system, it should work with your radio. The newer ESC they are putting in the SCX24 does not. So if you had the newer ESC and went with a Furitek ESC, You'd also need a new radio.
I didn't think you could separate or use just the receiver part to control an external ESC when you have a 2in1 receiver/Esc. Is this something only Axial can do?

@WickedFog and @Tunedfrog
If you need to get a new receiver what about Castle Creations sidewinder nano to save some money?

I've never tried a Castle system but definitely worth a shot.
I love the Furitek system and it has a app to program the rig, very easy and very cool.

I didn't think you could separate or use just the receiver part to control an external ESC when you have a 2in1 receiver/Esc. Is this something only Axial can do?

@WickedFog and @Tunedfrog
If you need to get a new receiver what about Castle Creations sidewinder nano to save some money?

The Furitek esc plugs into the Axial 2 in one, and esentially bypasses the 2 in 1's esc. It's a great system.

The Furitek esc plugs into the Axial 2 in one, and esentially bypasses the 2 in 1's esc. It's a great system.
That's great. I'm just confused on how it would be set up as I've never dealt with 2in1 esc's. Must be a specific system for them? Like for example the bec would need to be disabled on one of them, because from what I know you can't run two together.

I've looked at the Furitek systems and they looked impressive. :thumbs-up:

That's great. I'm just confused on how it would be set up as I've never dealt with 2in1 esc's. Must be a specific system for them? Like for example the bec would need to be disabled on one of them, because from what I know you can't run two together.

I've looked at the Furitek systems and they looked impressive. :thumbs-up:
Yeah, the Furitek stuff is plug and play with the ilold AE-6 ESC/Rx. The new ESC/Rx that Horizon switched to is not compatible. So that would require a new Rx and Tx.

The problem is that you would have all that wasted real-estate of the old ESC in there. But Josh (Harley Designs on YT) from Scale Builders Guild did an SCX24 build off with Matt, and Josh hacked up his AE-6 to get rid of all the unneeded components.

Last edited: